CHAPTER 2: FACING THE BIRTHLAND

That morning, Alessandro and Alisha are running at a park together.

"So, what are you going to do this summer since your nation didn't qualify to the World Cup?" asked Alessandro.

"I don't know. What about you? You'll play with Italy senior team for the first time after all" replied Alisha.

"Well, I just want to do my best. That's all" said Alessandro.

"Will you go and watch Women World Cup?" asked Alisha.

"I will. Even if I don't, Annamaria will drag me to France for sure" replied Alessandro. Alisha giggled.

"By the way, after you're done with the Euro qualification, there's something I want to tell you" saud Alisha.

"Can you just tell me now?" asked Alessandro.

"No. Just focus on your national duty first" replied Alisha. Alessandro sighed.

"Fine" said Alessandro.

Few days later;

Alessandro and the rest of Italy national team players from both men and women team are gathered in the conference room as they will hear the speech from the president of FIGC.

"Ho pensato che avresti scelto gli USA" said Annamaria. (I thought that you'll choose USA)

"Davvero divertente, sorella.  Non è possibile che io scelga quella nazione" replied Alessandro. (Really funny, sis. There's no way I'll be choosing that nation) Annamaria giggled.

"Non provare pietà di fronte a loro, fratello.  Distruggili" said Annamaria. (Don't feel pity when facing them, bro. Destroy them)

"Spero che starà a guardare" replied Alessandro. (I hope she'll be watching) Annamaria just shook her head. Later on, the meeting begins.

2 days later;

It is match day where Italy will face USA in a friendly match at Olimpico. As Alessandro walked into the pitch for warming up session suddenly;

"YOU'LL LOSE, SON OF A BITCH!" Alessandro turned around and saw Kelley with the rest of USWNT players. Alessandro just smirked before;

"Oh, I really want to go and kill him right now" said Kelley

"What a disrespectful person" said Rapinoe then.

"Well, maybe you should just keep your mouth shut, Kel. You keep provoking him since in Rio" replied Tobin.

"That's true. He didn't even bother about you. Why don't you just leave him alone" said Alex.

"No way. Until he apologise to me for his mother destroying my parents' marriage, this won't be over" replied Kelley.

"But your parents already back together, right. Just stop embarras yourself, Kel" said Christen.