𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎: 𝐑𝐞𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡

"All mortal consequences have pronounced me thus: 'Fear not, Macbeth

"All mortal consequences have pronounced me thus: 'Fear not, Macbeth. No man that's born of woman
Shall e'er have power upon thee."

Mr. Vellot's usual thick voice is replaced with a blur of simple sounds. If Aurelia and I had our seats switched, I would have been staring at her. I guess it's lucky that I'm in the front then. No one can see my dazed expression. I'd probably be making a fool out of myself if I did.

Aurelia didn't even come for breakfast this morning. Well, she might have come earlier than the rest of us, but what do I know?

I had planned on waking up earlier this morning so I had a chance to speak with her. Unfortunately, I overslept. The entire weekend was so incredibly exhausting. Even though I finally slept last night, I still feel tired.

Mr. Vellot closes his copy and says, "We'll be finished with Macbeth later this week." He turns to the chalkboard behind him and writes his plans for the week on the board. The gentle squeaks of the chalk send jolts up to my brain. It feels like I'm drunk all over again. Except this time it it worse. I'm stuck in class with an entire week ahead of me.

I rub my face with my hands, just as Mr. Vellot says, "You are all free to go."

I quickly grab my bag in hopes of talking to Aurelia. I throw my things into my backpack as I watch her leave without even taking a look back at me. She may be mad at me, but what about Suri?

Losing my motivation to catch up to her, I slowly finish packing the rest of my things. "Hey, Odette," Suri says, stopping in front of my desk. "Hi, Suri," I say, rising up form my chair.

I don't even know what I did to make her upset with me. I know Suri does though. They must have been talking about it on Saturday during our trip to the showroom.

"Do you know what's wrong with Aurelia?" I ask, getting immediately to the point. "She's been acting strange," I say, hoping to get some information out of her. Quickly, I whisper, "Especially around me."

Suri shakes her head and says, "I'm not sure." Knowing that she's probably hiding the truth from me, I still say, "Thanks anyways."

I'm not mad at Suri. If I were in her position, I probably wouldn't tell myself what was wrong either. It's not her place to tell me.

We walk out of class in silence, both in our individual thoughts. "Well, if you see her," I start. "Please tell her that I was asking about her."

Suri nods and says, "I will."

"So, about your date with Everest ... " she says, changing the subject. I told the girls how my date went this morning. Of course, Aurelia wasn't a part of that conversation because she didn't stay for breakfast.

I obviously left out the details of how I don't really have any feelings for him. I'm just not ready to tell them, especially to Magnolia and Karina. They were so excited for me. I don't want to upset them.