Chapter 4: Starbucks or Fully Awestruck

AN: Yay! I'm so excited that people are reading my book! I've finally gotten over 100 views! Thank you so much for reading this! :)

We arrived at Starbucks in about five minutes. We got out my car and started walking to the entrance. I was about to open the door when

"Beautiful ladies first." Lucas said holding the door open for me and smiling.

"O-Oh....Thanks." I say blushing. He just chuckles and waits for me as I enter. As soon as we walk inside the sweet aroma of coffee fills my nose. I'm not a coffee person but the smell is still divine.

We walk up to the counter since there's no line, a very rare occurrence,so I sorta rush just in case someone pops out to get in front of us. I going to place my order after staring at the menu for a while. Not for my sake,but just in case Lucas needed time to decide. I opened my mouth to speak,but Lucas just put a finger to my lips. He smirks sorta saying I've-got-this.

"I'll have a strawberry frappuccino with extra whipped cream. And.....What about you Raven?" He says looking at me.

"Umm, how about the same thing and cake pops?" I say, at this point we're having our own mini quiet conversation that the barista can't hear.

"I've never had cake pops...let's give it a try." He says smiling

"I've never had them either." I said smiling back. He chuckles and turns around to the barista.

"Okay change that,sorry. I'll have two strawberry frappuccinos with extra whipped cream," he says winking "And two cake pops." He finishes with a smile.

"Alrighty! That'll be $11.69." The barista says

"I'll pay." Lucas says kindly. When I silently object,he looks at me and says

"No. A lady never pays,especially beautiful girls like you. Plus I'm rich." He winks and I smile.

Once we get our drinks and food we go to sit down at a table. Lucas being the sweet gentleman be is, pulls my chair out for me. Once I sit he pushes me closer to the table softly. I smile and say

"Thanks Love."

"My pleasure." he replies smiling. We relax for a bit just sipping our drinks silently. When all of a sudden...

"Oww!...Oww!" Lucas suddenly burst out in pain.

"What's wrong?!" I say worried

"B-Brain Freeze..." He says making a weird 'I'm-in-pain' face. I burst out laughing for a few minutes. Soon Lucas joins me in my laugh fest. I'm still laughing until Luacs smears whipped cream from his cup on my face.

"Hey!" I say giggling

"It's great for the skins complexion." He says smiling like he knows.

"Alrighty....." I say calmly......then I smear whipped cream all over his face and stick out my tongue.

"In your face! Literally!" I say laughing at my awesome joke.

"Alright,alright. We're even." He says chuckling."Now. We are a complete mess with our faces. Except me,I'm terribly hot still." He says winking.

"I can agree with that...." I mumble. I hadn't meant to say it out loud. I can't even believe that I thought that. Then I realized,Yea this is a crush. Major crush. I though he hadn't heard what I said......But apparently he did.

"W-What? Really?" He said blushing
"O-Oh....ummm...Yea..." I say nervously blushing.

"Oh.....Cool." He says blushing too. There's an awkward silence for a bit. He stared out the window and occasionally at me. Every time I catch his gaze we both look away blushing.

Lucas clears his throat and says

"So we've gotta clean up as I said." He takes a napkin and wipes my face softly. I giggle because it tickles my face,especially my nose. He smiles and says sweetly "Raven you are truly beautiful." I blush saying nothing. My blush was my response, he chuckles silently wiping his own face clean.

I smile spotting the cake pops.

"Cake pop time!!!" I say like a child. In ways when it comes to sugar,I am. I don't gain a single pound from candy,and I'm extremely chaotic when it comes to my candy and sweets. Lucas turns towards me smiling at me. As I know, he's just like me when it comes to sweets. I pull the cake pops out careful not to brake the icing shell. My mouth is watering just thinking about how it would taste. I was so caught in my sweet thoughts I forgot that one of them was for Lucas. I snapped out of it and handed his to him. He smiled at the tiny treat. He was about to bite into it when I stopped his hand.

"Wait! We try it together in 3. Ready?" I say. He nods and I start "1......2.......3!" I say. We bite into our treats. The sweet icing melts on my tongue slowly. And the cake is soft and moist.

"Mmmmm....This is love." I say with my mouth half full.

"Mhmm." Lucas replies smiling.

-----------------------------------------------------------

We finish our drinks and our delicious snack and leave. While we were driving to his house so I could drop him off he started staring at me. "What?" I ask him "Is there still stuff on my face?" I take one hand off the wheel for a second and wipe at my face.

"Nah...." He says smiling still staring.

"Then what is it?" I ask

"Nothing...." He says smiling. I reach over with one hand and punch him softly in the arm. I know I'm not the safest driver today.

"Ow!" He says making a puppy dog face. I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Oh,you big baby that didn't hurt." I said smiling. "Now why are you staring at me?" He continues staring at me smiling. He chuckles and says

"I was just thinking how wonderful you were and that we should do that again sometime." He smiles at me expecting an answer.

"Oh.....of course I'd love to!" I say giggling. He smiles

"Awesome!" He says happily. We arrive at his house soon after. We get out and walk to his front porch. When we get to the door he turns around facing me smirking.

"Lucas you are so awesome! I had a wonderful time today. You're a great person." I say smiling. "I'm awestruck by the fact that I didn't see such an sweet person like you before." By now he's blushing and smiling. He recovers and looks me straight in the eye.

"Raven you are the cutest girl I've ever met. And you are so sweet,funny,and cute. You are awesome." He says to me leaning towards my face a bit. His eyes flicker between my eyes and my lips quickly. And I do the same. He closes the gap between us and kisses me. The kiss was soft and sweet, he held my head softly tilting it towards him. I kissed him back. He pulled back and went inside his house.

I stood there awestruck,my fingers in my lips,still raw from the kiss.......Wait! He just kissed me! I realize.