Memories

I was in my new apartment which I compelled until I heard some news. Hayley Marshal had died not even a month after my departure but the funny thing is, I could smell fire for days on end.

She was burned from the sun to protect Hope. 

I found out what I was as well. I am a Darach, Vampire and Seer. The more I think about being a vampire, the more that I realize that I wanted children and that is something I can't have anymore. 

Hayley's funeral was amazing. The way that everyone loved her and cherished her and even her wolf traditions were admired. I stayed with Klaus, Freya and Keelin that night.

"Do you still have trouble?" Freya asks looking to my hands which I was trying so hard not to move.

"Nope," I lie and she nods and I salute her jokingly and the chandelier falls to the compound.

"I'll call Alaric and you can attend Hope's school," Klaus sighs and I nod. Hope had to stay elsewhere due to the Hollow or something. 

"How is Hope handling everything?" I ask Klaus.

"Her mother is dead and she blames herself. What is there to handle?" Klaus scoffs and Freya gives him a disapproving look and Keelin moves to sit beside me. 

"She was just asking out of the good in her heart," Keelin defends and Klaus vamp speeds to me and pushes me against the wall with his hand around my heart making me gasp for air.

"What's a lovely lady like you hanging around ratty Matty?" Kol asks in the grill when we first met. 

"He's a friend of a friend," I say and drink my vervain and tea.

"Well he sure is annoying," Kol jokes and I chuckle.

"Well he gets the job done so I don't mind," I say.

"And what job is that?" He asks me.

"My friend is Elena Gilbert which you should know due to Klaus. She wants revenge on him and honestly I don't agree with her. After all, monsters are not born. They are made," I say and exit the grill to find Bonnie.

...

"The stars are pretty, don't you think," I ask him. It was at the Mikealson ball and we have had a few encounters before but it was usually only for a few minutes.

"They are but they are not as pretty as you," he whispers leaning to my ear and I turn to face him.

"I want to kiss you," He admits and my breathing hitches.

"Do it then," I whisper and not even a second later, his lips are on mine and they move in sync for what felt like hours until Klaus enters on the balcony and drags me out of the mansion despite Kol's protests. In that moment I knew that Klaus was his weakness and he was afraid of him. 

...

"Elena, please don't kill him! I love him," I plead outside her door. I was a vampire and I was not invited in.

"We needed Jeremy to complete his mark. Please understand," She says shakily.

"For the cure right? Is the cure really worth more than our friendship?" I scoff. I smell a faint burning and tears brim in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Cassie. We killed him before you arrived," Elena says and I sob and see Klaus shouting to Elena but I couldn't hear. I was too busy in my grief.

...

"Tyler... Remove my memories of Kol," I tell him and he doesn't hesitate.

...

"I was a vampire before," I snarl at him and push him off and his hand loosens and he staggers back. 

"You remember?" He asks and I scoff.

"You were terrible to Kol and he was scared of you. The first time I met him, I defended you but I never actually knew you," I growl and clench my fists which makes the nearby paintings flow around. 

"Think of something that calms you," Klaus demands and I throw him against the wall with my magic.

"You were the monster that haunted him for centuries and he cared about you even after what you did to him. It was never Mikeal. It was you," I snarl and drop him and sigh. I decided it was best to speed out of the compound and to my apartment in another city.

...

Time flew by and it had been a few days but each night that passed, new memories resurfaced. For example, the pain I had to witness from my adoptive father. I remembered my biological mother too which I came to the conclusion that my human brain could not grasp the trauma so it hid it. 

She was beautiful and looked a lot like Julia but I remembered that she threatened my father while holding a knife to my throat. She never cared for anyone but herself because she was selfish and I can't keep defending her all of the time. I was never sure what happened to her but I hope she finds peace in herself.

Klaus did indeed call Alaric and I had my own room but in exchange for my lessons I had to teach geography until a new teacher could replace me. I moved my things in my room and was stopped my non other than Matt Donovan holding a gun. He had wrinkles covering his forehead and he seemed to be in a lot of grief and anger which did not concern me so I went to the boarding school.