Chapter 11; Falling in love

*Narrator's P.O.V.*

Luka just stared at Jagged Stone in front of him, to which Jagged gave him a smile well, a rather awkward and nervous smile.

The kind of smile you give to someone when you feel embarrassed or guilty.

Luka couldn't stop the urge to ask. "Why?" . How could his idol one day come to his doorstep and present himself as his long lost father?

"Well..." Jagged trailed off not knowing what to say. He too was shocked and just happened to acknowledge the fact that he was the father of twins few days before.

When the competition was over, Jagged knew he had to investigate more on his possible son and wanted to meet Anarka to confirm his assumptions.

But to his big surprise he was welcomed by Luka in front of Anarka's boat cleaning it while listening to his music.

Then he knew he had to explain why he was visiting Anarka which led him to tell all the truth to Luka.

"I can't find the right words to explain this."

"Your mom and I just happened to be really close in our younger years and one time while celebrating my first ever hit, we kind of drank a little bit too much of alcohol and one thing leads to another and then we had sex."

"The next morning it was just a mix of confusion, hangover and awkwardness."

"We never meant to have sex or intend to date either"

"We were best friends and I considered your mother as a sister and same goes for her"

"And as my career was rising, we took the decision to not talk or mention that incident ever"

"But then I never knew she was pregnant or not but would that matter?"

"I was so into the future of my career that I didn't notice my best friend's strange sickness and mood swings . I should have thought better."

"You know being young is synonymous to stupid and reckless decisions."

Jagged chuckled.

"But I guess I wasn't actually being stupid and reckless because being a rockstar and travel worldwide was my dream since I was six."

"So when I got the chance to live my dream, I didn't think twice or looked back for that matter."

"When I was about to live my dream, I decided to visit all my loved ones so I could say good bye."

"When I visited your mom, the first thing I saw was her crying. She said she was so sorry to keep this from me, that she was being stupid and childish but it didn't matter."

"I was about to ask what was wrong, when she caught me off by saying that she was pregnant for about 3 months now."

"I didn't want to accept it, I... I thought she was just joking but deep down I knew she wasn't. Something kept telling me that if I accepted the truth then I had to abandon all my dreams and I couldn't afford that."

"So I stood there looking at her crying and I hating it so I ran away and made as if nothing happened because I thought ignoring it would make the situation go away but that is just lying to yourself and I knew it too late."

"When I saw you at the competition, I knew it was a sign for me to know that it was not too late to make it up for my stupid decision

"I'm so sorry Luka i want to make it up for all the past years without your father, I want to be a better father or even a father to you."