Chapter 57/The Twins

Playlist:

D.D.D- The BOYZ

Klaus POV

After a six hour flight of pacing and tapping my foot vigorously, we made it to Mystic Falls. I floored the Range Rover until we made it to the hospital where I rushed inside running through the halls searching for my future wife. I spotted Claire standing outside a room biting her overly priced nails.

"Niklaus you're here." Claire spoke letting out a breath like she was holding it in until I arrived.

"What's happening? What's wrong with Caroline?" I asked speaking so quickly my tongue could barely keep up.

"We are not sure yet," Claire started, "this morning Caroline came into my office and collapsed. She then passed out on the way to the hospital. Once I heard the babies heart beats start to drop I told Kol to feed her his blood. He was hesitant at first, but he did it."

They shared blood...

"Where is Kol now?" I asked her.

"He went that way once they took Caroline away on the stretcher." Claire pointed down the hall. As soon as I started to find Kol down the hall a male nurse stepped out of the room we were standing in front of and looked at us all.

"We are about to conduct the C-section." The nurse announced.

"One person is allowed to join."

"He will." Claire and Damon said simultaneously, pushing me forward.

"I'll find Kol," Damon said with a generous smile, "enjoy this moment."

I stepped towards the nurse and he took me to get scrubs on. Once we entered the room I saw Caroline laying on a bed unconscious. Her heart rate was being monitored on a screen, even with out listening to the beeping from the screen I could hear it was very slow, and definitely delicate. Caroline had a oxygen mask on her face her eyes closed. My breathing became short as I could tell I was about to pass out myself seeing the love of my life on the brink of death.

"Here we go." The doctor said as nurses surrounded him helping. I stepped towards Caroline and put my hand on hers holding it ever so softly being careful not to radiate an anxiety that might alter her heart beat or the twins either.

"The babies seemed to have a low heart rate and seemed like they were going to die but about five minutes after the first check their heart rates became normal again." A nurse explained to me.

The vampire blood healed them. They aren't vampires or else the doctors wouldn't be able to monitor a heart beat.

"There they are." The doctor said as he reached his hand towards Caroline's stomach. I was unable to see into Caroline's stomach due to the protective top covering her. The doctors hand came out as I saw a small piece of heaven itself being handed to the nurse. She cut the umbilical cord, put the baby in a blanket, and handed it to me.

"It's a girl." The baby cried loudly as she was put in my arms. I was speechless. I didn't know how to act at the sight of my own child. "And here is the boy." The nurse handed me my second child into my other arm. I never thought a day like this would ever come. A day where I have children.

"Oh my god. Caroline they are beautiful." A tear drop ran down my face.

"Her heart rate is dropping quickly. Sir you need to get out now."

"Wait! Caroline!"

"Sir now." The nurse pushed me out.

Before I could be pushed out completely, I used my compulsion and said, "Take my children, and let me save the love of my life." The nurse took my minute newborn infants and I walked towards Caroline. I bit my wrist blood dripping out of it.