8) Breathless

Ta Da! Surprise update! :)

Don't forget how this story update works ;)

So please Rememeber to vote and comment if you want the next chapter!!

Yep- vote and comment like crazy lol

* * * * * *

I walked out the room completely perplexed.

Did he just ask me out?

Unaware of where I was walking, I accidently stumbled on the rug and bumped into someone. Icy grey eyes menaced towards me and I could almost feel the antagonism penetrating from the man in front of me.

"I'm sorry, I hadn't meant to bump into you like that." I sincerely apologized.

The man glared at me and I noticed how his frown tightened with detest. He was the same man who had clutched Vitaly by the shirt. Mikhail I believe his name was. His hand suddenly grasped my chin, tilting it threateningly towards him.

"If ever you get in my way again, I will not hesitate to rip your organs out and sell them in the black market." He seethed.

My eyes widened at his remark. His tone was different from Vitaly's. Something about this man was blood-curdling and his gaze was murderously serious.

"Mikhail," another voice interrupted and a figure stepped between us, causing him to release his grip on me. "Let's not get the lady involved like that. After all, she is a guest here."

"She needs to learn her place." Was all Mikhail said before leaving.

Letting out a soft sigh, the man turned around to reveal himself.

There stood the youngest of the men. The same one who was arguing with the old man in the room that day, the one who gave off the cute 'boy next door' look with his light brown hair and honey brown eyes.

"Mikhail's a bit stern, that's all." He smiled towards me.

"So is Blondie." I scoffed.

"Who? Oh! You mean Sevastian. No, I'd rather define him as hot-tempered. Mikhail's not that impulsive."

The boy in front of me seemed to look around my age and his clothing seemed a bit more relaxed compared to the attire worn by the others in this house. Yep, definitely boy next door- who killed innocent people and was in the Mafia. What a nice combo. Better than that chicken and chips special I bought last week Friday.

"What's your name again? I forgot what Vit had told us your first name was last night." He asked bringing me back to attention.

"Katherine. Donovan."

"Oh, I know the Donovan part." He chuckled, "Anthony's sister."

"You know my brother?" My interest hiked.

I noticed how his smile fell a bit and turned to a subtle frown, "I know him. But to be honest, the junkie and I aren't on good terms right now."

"Junkie?"

"Forget it, you won't understand." He pushed my question away decently.

"I can try."

"Persistent, aren't you?"

"You have no idea Mr...?"

"Nikolai," he smiled.

"Well I must admit," I sighed walking past him and looking around, "This is a gorgeous house."

"Let me show you around then."

"No, I... it's fine." I politely declined his offer feeling a bit nervous.