11) Rush

Hi,

It felt like a while since I updated. I'd been a little busy for the past few days, that's all.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that wattpad had been messing up the story- like repeating stuff and cutting off lines and all that. I don't know why but just know that it isn't my fault lol

Please do Vote and Comment for the story!

(Honestly looking forward to reading the comments for this chapter xD LOL)

* * * * * *

He unlocked the door to the house and walked up to the room.

"Get some rest, you must be exhausted." He said to me while ushering me inside the room.

"What about you?" I asked.

He was tired too. I mean, killing two men does take a lot out of a man right?

"You want me to sleep with you?" he chuckled.

"No, no that's not what I meant. I just thought you would have been tired as well."

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

Well I guess he killed them with a gun so maybe that wasn't so tiring.

When he left the room to do God knows what, I flopped myself on the bed. Damn, I really needed some rest. I tossed and turned until I found myself in a comfortable position and succumbed into a blissful sleep.

The sudden sound of a glass shattering threatened my eyes to open fully. Stretching lazily on the bed, I felt for his wristwatch at the small table at the side. My shutting eyelids were thankfully able to squint at the time. I'd been asleep for about three hours.

Getting off the bed, I drowsily stumbled towards the mirror and ran a hand through my hair. The place seemed awfully quiet. Walking out the room and along the hall, I heard distant chattering coming from a room afar. Vitaly stood firmly with arms folded next to Mikhail and Sevastian while Nikolai sat at the sofa with two other men. The old man who lived in the house as well entered from another room along with three other strange men. I shrugged my curiosity out and decided not to interfere with whatever was going on in there because last time it didn't end too well. With a deep breath, I turned around to walk away when I saw Maria from afar limping towards me- towards the room.

"Maria?" I asked rushing up to her and taking note of her bloody knees, "What happened to you?"

"It's- it's fine madam. I just slipped and fell on a broken glass. I'm fine, it's nothing major." She tried to reason yet the tray of drinks in her hand was shaking terribly.

"You're not fine. Maria, you need to sit down."

"No, miss, I have to serve these drinks to them." she faked an 'I'm okay' expression.

That wasn't going to cut it. I took the tray from her and shot her 'the look'.

"I'll serve it to them."

"Please Miss Donovan, you can't. He'll be mad if I allow this."

"I'll handle him." I stated and turned around to walk towards the room.

Stopping at the door of the room, I scanned my eyes around one more time. I honestly didn't want to go in there but I'll do it for Maria. Before I took a step in, Vitaly's eyes locked with mine.

Oh, dear God.

I felt a bit tense as he kind of had a warning look directed towards me.

Well forget him.