Chapter 2

I walked into the cafeteria and stood at the door looking for a place to sit. I noticed the girl from chemistry sitting alone in a table. She was still reading her book, typical. I shook my head and laughed to myself. I didn't know why no one came to eat with her. I never thought she would be a loser, I thought she was popular...or something. Just as i was about to walk over to her table someone called out my name. I followed the voice and spotted Jake waving his hand at me. I waved back and walked over to them but stole a glance at the girl's table. I really wish i knew her name so i wouldn't have to call her 'the girl from chemistry' clearly she's more than that. She was now joined with two other girls babbling about something. Atleast she had a couple of friends. I smiled to myself and walked over to Jake.

I reached the table and sat beside Jake. "Hey man, these are my friends." He said gesturing to the two guys infront of me. "This is Blake. And this one is James." He added pointing to each of them. "Hey i'm Tristan." I said. "Hey man, nice to meet you." They both said shaking my hand. "Ok. So you have to know about the rankings in Charlsetonne." Jake said. "Ranking?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. "yeah! you know, who's popular, who's average, who's not so much." he said taking a fry from his tray. i realized i haven't got any food but i wasn't that hungry anyways. i nodded my head and he continued. "so the Jocks and the Cheerleaders take the highest ranking. don't mess with them unless you want trouble." he stated. "next are the music freaks. they can play any instrument and they can mix the sickest remixes. Next, the smarty pants, they make the most awesome sci-fi movies in the whole school." he said. I can't believe they have rankings here. back where i used to go to school everyone was equal and we never cared we were. but i guess other schools have standards. "next are the cool people. Which is where we come in." he said. "How come?" I asked. "Tristan, can't you see? you've only been here for a few hours and you've got girls drooling over you." he said. "What!?" i asked. what did he just say? i have girls drooling over me? not. a. chance. "yeah! see over there? those girls have been checking you out for the past minutes since you got here." he said looking at the table of girls. i looked over and saw them looking at me. ok. that just counts as creepy. i'm really not used to people, nontheless girls stare at me. i flashed them a smile and they start to giggle. I looked back to Jake who was eating his food. "But watch out, they bite." James said across from me with a smirk on his face. "thanks for the warning." i said. "So moving on," Jake continued. "Next are the rich and popular parent people. their parents are either rich or popular. some even happen to be both." he said. "See that table over there?" he pointed to the table where the girl from chemistry is seated. I really need to know her name. i nodded. "The blonde girl, her name is Susan McKinley. Her dad owns a million dollar music company. You may include her in the music freaks but sadly, she can't play any instrument to save her life." he chuckled. "And also, she's my girlfriend." Blake said across from us. "the other one, the one with black hair, her name is Alicia Torres." he smiled. "And she's my girlfriend." he said with a huge grin on his face. "Then why don't they eat with you guys?" i asked. "Well, its their decision not to. i don't really know why." Blake said. "lastly, the one with brown hair, her name is Jane Vanderwood." he said. my eyes widen at what he said. "yup! her daddy is the principal of the school." he said. well, atleast i know her name now. "So i'm guessing she's your girlfriend?" i said looking at James who quickly shook his head. "No man, i mean she's beautiful but she doesn't have time for those things. All she does is get lost in whatever book she's reading." he said sounding abit disappointed. "I can tell." i said. the bell rang and we all head out of the cafeteria. i head to my class and sat on a chair.

Class is finally over and i walk to the parking lot and hopped into my car. i turned on the engine and start to drive home. I park my car in the garage and walked inside my house. i placed my keys on the kitchen counter and i was greeted by a small figure smiling at me. "your home!" Jeremy said. my little brother. he's about five and he ran to me hugging my legs. "hey there! miss me?" i said picking him up. "Where's mom?" i asked him. he just shrugged it off and wiggled his little body out from my arms. i placed him on the floor and he ran to the tv, turning it on and plopping himself on the sofa. i ran up to my room and changed my clothes and plopped myself on my bed. Soon i heard the door open and i immediatley knew who it was. my mom. i walked downstairs and greeted my mom. "how was your first day?" she asked with a huge grin plastered on her face. "it was alright." i told her. "Good. i'll be making dinner." she said walking to the kitchen and started cooking.

after we ate dinner i brought Jeremy to his room and placed him on his bed. "Good night, bro." was all i said before leaving him in his room while i headed to mine. i plopped myself on my comfy bed and when my position was comfortable enough i started to doze of to sleep.