63 hours, 4 minutes, and 58 seconds

3rd pov

"Man, everything in the outside world is huge." Don gasped looking through the big trees. The trees had seemed like they were reaching for the stars, and the bushes seemed to have triple in size.

"It's a completely different forest from where we came.." Gilda added on as Don nodded in agreement— the perfect power couple.

One of the younger ones squatted down in front of a dry-looking flower and some strange insects, "I feel like I've seen that bug somewhere.."

[y/n] burst in laugher as Lannion fell from a fallen tree branch.

"Everyone," Emma called out, "let's stay in a group as we walk." Everyone turned to her as she continued explaining, "We don't know what's out there, and pursuers from the farm might come."

~~~

"Don't eat everything all at once. A little at a time." Gilda instructed, "We need to stretch out the food and water we brought with us."

"Okay!" all of them responded, making sure to shove the food in their mouths slightly slower.

Ray turned his head to see Emma, as well as [y/n] standing a couple of feet away from her. They were both a distance away from the group. Emma's forehead was lightly coated in a cold sweat, she didn't even notice [y/n] was there.

"Boo." Ray and [y/n] popped up in front of her. "AhhhHHHH—" Emma yelled out in surprise.

"Huh?!" She muttered, still in shock as [y/n] sighed, "Don't worry. If I were an orphan-eating monster, you would have been able to hear me coming in time to run."

"And, it doesn't look like this area is the territory to a beast like that, so we're good." Ray passed a glass bottle of water to her, "Emma, you're too eager.."

"I'll keep watch, you guys can rest." [y/n] sighed.

"..Thanks," Emma smiled.

After a long pause Ray spoke up; "Sorry, you two." he looked down with shame, "If I had cooperated from the beginning, maybe you guys didn't have to make so many sacrifices, or lost your ears."

Emma smiled, "Don't worry about it!"

"As long as you are alive and smiling, that's all I really need.." [y/n] averted her eyes, blush from embarrassment and nervousness slightly covering her cheeks.

Ray smiled at himself looking at her, a light blush dusting his cheeks as well, before looking down again, "Thanks."

As he turned to look back at his siblings, smiling and laughing together, a wave of empowerment flushed through him. "I'll live. I'll live to protect this family." He rose his right hand, "This time, for sure, I swear. Whatever happens to them, I'll never abandon them again. So.. please don't bear this burden by yourselves."

"Yeah, yeah. I got that from the start," [y/n] sighed, "I found out the truth alone, and worked alone, with only my thoughts as fuel. It's installed in my brain to take on things by myself."

She sighed as she, too, rose her right hand, "But.. if deleting this installment in my head, will help me protect everyone I care for... Emma, Ray; let me share this weight with you."

[ cries in character development ]

Emma smiled softly before nodding.

"So, what do we do from here?" Ray shoved his hands in his pockets. [y/n] nodded as she put her hand down.

"I want to get some water. We saw a river from above, right? I want to see if it's drinkable."

"Reasonable idea. First, we have to obtain water. And by finding the river, we can get some food." Ray agreed.