𝙿𝙻𝙰𝚈𝙻𝙸𝚂𝚃

𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙳𝙰 𝙱𝙻𝙰𝙸𝚁 𝚆𝙰𝚂 𝙱𝙾𝚁𝙽 𝙸𝙽𝙽𝙾𝙲𝙴𝙽𝚃
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚐𝚘𝚊𝚝𝚜

(gentle hum of the old machines / here we come scrubbed and scoured / patches on our jeans) 

(hungry for love / ready to drown / so tie down the sails / we're going downtown)

(you may not like Tate's methods / but you've gotta admit / she's a real nice kid) 

---

𝙺𝙸𝙻𝙱𝚈 𝙶𝙸𝚁𝙻
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜

(we're both throwing smoke into the night / it's raining, I suppose that you need a ride / she said 'I've got nothin' to do and neither do you / there's a place down the road where we can waste the whole afternoon.)

(those kind of girls tend to know things / better than I do / and I'm dying / to figure out what she's hiding / she's playing it cool but she's lying / better than I do.)

(and I've got nothin' to do and neither do you / so we'll chase jack with love and waste away the whole afternoon." 

---

𝚅𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚂
𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚞𝚜

(night time in the basement / screaming about our feelings / running through the cold air / searching for a meaning / passed out on the concrete / dizzy from the spinning / wake up to the feeling that everybody's leaving.")

(I'm sick of your echoes / sick of these ghosts that haunt our place / I get a feeling that I'll never leave this house again) 

(failed by design / slow your pace down to mine / watch my back / heave a sigh / keep it safe / make it right.)

---

𝙰 𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽𝙰𝙶𝙴𝚁 𝙸𝙽 𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚜

(each time we have a quarrel / it almost breaks my heart / I guess that I'm so afraid / that we will have to part.)

(I cried a tear / for nobody but you / and I'll be the lonely one / if you should say we're through / so, if you wanna make me cry / that won't be so hard to do / but if you should say goodbye / well, I'd still go on loving you.) 

(each night I ask the stars up above / why must I be a teenager in love?)

---

𝙲𝙸𝙶𝙰𝚁𝙴𝚃𝚃𝙴 𝙳𝙰𝚈𝙳𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙼𝚂
𝚌𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚙𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚝

(funny how it seems like yesterday / as I recall, you were looking out of place / gathered up your things and slipped away / no time at all, I followed you into the hall) 

(cigarette daydream / you were only seventeen / so sweet with a mean streak / nearly brought me to my knees)

---

𝙲𝙾𝙰𝚂𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝙲𝙰𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙰
𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚜

(I can see you yes I can / I can feel you holding my hand / left at first and down to third / I swear my heart will burst)

(looking for a place to go / keep on moving fast and slow / as the crowds follow my path / I know this is going to last)

---

𝙰𝙳𝙾𝚁𝙴 𝚈𝙾𝚄
𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚢𝚕𝚎𝚜

(walk in your rainbow paradise / strawberry lipstick state of mind / I get so lost inside your eyes / would you believe it?) 

(honey, I would walk through fire for you / just let me adore you) 

(you don't have to say you love me / I just wanna tell you somethin' / lately, you've been on my mind.)

---

𝙻𝙴𝙼𝙾𝙽
𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚕 𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜

(you're toweling up your wet hair / I hear your coffee grind / the credits rolling on last night's late night / we're always somewhere between / leaving and arrived / I just wanna be here at the same time) 

(lemon eyes, trying to let the light in / lemon eyes, all our streets are violet)