𝚜.𝟸 𝚎𝚙.𝟷 -𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎-

"in the suburbs, I learned to drive, and you told me we'd never survive / grab your mother's keys, we're leaving

"in the suburbs, I learned to drive, and you told me we'd never survive / grab your mother's keys, we're leaving."

~

JJ and Tate met up with Kiara and Pope on the dock outside of The Wreck an hour after they got out of school. Tate kept her head down and hoped the Carreras wouldn't see her. After a quick text after John B's disappearance thanking them for their hospitality and assuring them she was okay, but needed space, she hadn't seen Kiara's parents at all. Money was running out, so she knew she'd need to go back to working at The Wreck sooner or later, but she was putting off that conversation with Mr. C for as long as possible.

"There's no way we're getting to the Bahamas," said Pope, drawing Tate out of her thoughts.

She was sitting on the wooden rail of the dock next to Kiara. JJ stopped pacing to lean his elbows on the railing next to her. She looked down at him with a soft smile saved just for him.

"John B will get nabbed sooner or later," said Kiara. "So if we're gonna clear his name, we need to have done it yesterday."

JJ straightened back up to face them. "I'll tell you how we do it," he said in a decided voice.

Pope gave him a look of disbelief. "So you have it all planned out?"

JJ thought for a moment. "As a matter of fact, I do," he said at last, facing Pope. "We kidnap Rafe."

Tate snorted. "JJ-"

"I'm sorry, what?" said Pope.

JJ didn't back down. "We kidnap Rafe, tie him up and stick the gun in his mouth and just wait til he starts squawking."

Tate didn't know whether to laugh or not. "JJ, that's insane," she said reasonably. He gave her a wounded look.

"You know, torture's a war crime," said Kiara.

Pope nodded. "Yeah, so how exactly do you plan on clearing John B's name from a prison cell? Because that's a felony."

"Alright, well, what do you got, Pope?" JJ said, shrugging and sitting down on the railing next to him. "I was just trying to keep it simple. You know, one stop, and we're done." Kiara laughed and JJ gave her a confused look. "What?"

"You sure it's not just for revenge's sake?" she said, looking back and forth between JJ and Tate, who were both oblivious to what she was getting at. "Oh, you know, Tate dated Rafe, Rafe's an asshole, boyfriend gets jealous- it's a classic love story-"

"It's not that," JJ said, rolling his eyes. "It's just an added bonus." Tate grinned.

"Guys, all we need is a material witness," said Pope, drawing them all back into the conversation. "We saw Ward's plane fly right over our heads with the gold inside of it. He didn't fly it. If somebody else flew, they were there on the tarmac. They saw Peterkin get murdered. We just have to find whoever that was and get them to confess on record."