𝚜.𝟸. 𝚎𝚙.𝟸 -𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎-

"now bite your tongue, it's too dangerous to fall so young /  take back what you said / can't lose what you never had

"now bite your tongue, it's too dangerous to fall so young / take back what you said / can't lose what you never had."

~

"Why does she get to call him?" asked JJ.

"Cause she's the best," said Pope.

"Should I do an accent?" asked Kiara.

Pope nodded. "Definitely disguise your voice."

They were sitting outside of the same house from earlier in the dark, all four of them hiding out in Kiara's car, getting ready to spy on Ward Cameron's pilot. "Disguise my voice how?" asked Kiara, putting on a phony British accent. "How would you like me to talk?"

"Not like that," said JJ seriously.

Tate snorted. "Kie, that is a terrible accent."

"Yeah, no," said Pope.

"Batman," JJ requested.

"Batman," repeated Kiara, her voice going eerily deep.

Tate covered her mouth and laughed, leaning back into the car seat headrest. "That's the one."

"Spot on," said JJ. "Let's do it."

Kiara rolled her eyes and then hit a button on her phone to call the pilot. The phone rang for a moment.

"Hello?" the man said.

"Hello," said Kiara in her deepened voice. She looked back at Tate and JJ in the backseat and whispered, "I can't."

"Just talk," said Pope.

"Hello?" the man on the phone said again.

Kiara cleared her throat. "Is Gavin there?"

"This is Gavin. Who's this? Hello?"

"I know what happened on the tarmac," Kiara said in her normal voice.

There was a repressed nervous chuckle on the other end. "Um... who's this?"

"It was Rafe Cameron," Kiara said, more confidently now. "But you already knew that, and you lied about it."

"Okay. Who is this?"

"We're gonna prove it," continued Kiara.

"You're gonna tell me who this is now-"

Kiara cut him off. "You could have saved her, Gavin, and you didn't. And you're not getting away with this."

"Listen to me!" Gavin was getting angry now. Tate and Pope exchanged a look. "Who is this?"

Kiara made a face and hung up the phone. She looked up at Pope. "How was that?"

JJ shrugged. "Yeah, I was scared. Good job."