༺ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 ༻

"There's not much information about this potion," Granger said suddenly, looking up from her book. 

Draco scoffed. "Yeah thats obvious." He frowned. "Why are you here?"

Granger's eyebrows furrowed and she looked at Draco. "What do you mean?"

"I mean why aren't you trying to kill me right now? Why are you just sitting there?" he asked.

Granger pointed to the potions book in her hand. "I'm here to research potions."

Draco folded his arms. There had to be a reason she was sitting across from him calmly, not looking the slightest bit repulsed with his existence.

She must have sensed him staring because she looked up at him and said, "I'm not needed anywhere else. They've decided that they don't need me anymore, so why make a fool of myself trying to be useful?"

"I can understand that," he said earnestly under his breath.

Her eyes hardened. "I don't need your pity, Malfoy." She shook her head. "There is no understanding between us and there never will be."

Draco shrugged off Granger's bluntness. "I never said there was an understanding between us," he clarified. There was a long pause before he said, "I know what it's like to not be wanted."

Granger's eyes softened for a moment before she shifted her expression into a glare and stood up, grabbing the book and storming out of the library. Draco narrowed his eyes at the retreating figure. 

Women.

After a while, he found that there was no other reason for him to be in the library so he decided to head back to his common room. Draco reached the door and muttered, "Pure-Blood" under his breath. The door opened and he stepped inside.

He nearly regretted coming back when he saw the scene Blaise and Pansy were making. The two Slytherins were yelling vehemently at one another about who had a worse potions partner.

"I'M STUCK WITH POTTER!" Blaise shouted. "HE'S INSUFFERABLE TO WORK WITH!"

"YOU'RE LUCKY YOU'RE NOT STUCK WITH WEASEL!" Pansy huffed. "Apparently he and the Mudblood got into a fight today and he's been hung up over it since. He's ridiculous!"

"Ah, a match made in heaven," Draco interjected. 

Blaise and Pansy turned to face him, finally realizing he existed. "Shut your mouth, Draco," Pansy said. "I could say the same about you and Granger."

Draco raised his eyebrow at her. "Contrary to your very unpopular belief, Granger and I are not a 'match made in heaven.' We can hardly stand the likes of each other. It killed me to be in the same room as her this evening—and that was nearly half an hour!" 

Blaise laughed and walked over to Draco, clapping him on the shoulder. "Glad you made it out alive, lad!" 

"Was it horrible with Saint Potter?" Draco asked.

"It was very bad," Blaise replied, rolling his eyes. "He somehow managed to turn every conversation to something about Weaselette."

"Oh how unfortunate for you," Pansy said, groaning. She dramatically plopped herself down onto the sofa. "I'm bringing a knife when I study with Weasel tomorrow."

"Don't be so melodramatic," Blaise said. "Bring a gun."

Draco looked between his two friends. "Something is seriously wrong with the both of you."

༺♢༻

"Was it bad?" Ginny asked the second Hermione walked into their dorm.