<Chapter 4: Vaher>

I was standing with Mercy outside the house as the guy wheeled his way into the house. When he was inside, I sighed.

"I saw how Bruce Wayne was looking at you last night." Mercy said, causing me to look at her. "Do you think he remembers?"

"I highly doubt it." I said. "Besides, he's had a lifetime to find me. He didn't even try."

"Well, the news said you were dead." She said. "So maybe, he still thinks you are...Laia Vaher." I looked away, hearing my biological name. I haven't heard it in ages. I used to be Laia Vaher, but now I was Laia Luthor.

Third Person's POV

Batman open a metal door and went out into the sandy, destroyed world. He held up his binoculars and spotted what he had been waiting for.

(Time Skip)

He walked over to the guy who opened the back of their delivery truck. He walked over and looked inside to see one of his guys.

"Did you get it?" He asked. "The rock?"

"Yeah, we got it." The man said. Batman got up and got inside the truck. He walked over to the box that was labeled LEXCORP. He looked inside and saw two green lightbulbs being lit up by a car battery. It was a trap. The guy held a gun at Batman's head. "I'm sorry." Suddenly, another man pointed a gun at Batman from behind him. Batman turned and held his hands up in surrender. Then, all the soldiers started shooting Batman's guys.

"NO!" Batman yelled. He fought the two guys in the truck. He ran out and smacked a guy in the face with the gun he took from the soldier. He knocked another guy's legs out from under him. He walked over to another guy and hit him. He fought a few more soldiers. And then flying bug creatures flew down and picked up some of the guys, flying away with them. He fought some more guys, but they ended up catching him. They knocked him out.

(Time Skip)

"Bruce."

He woke up, hearing her voice in his head. He looked around and saw himself tied up between two other guys, their hands chained to the ceiling. Suddenly, Superman landed in the room. The soldiers bowed to him as he stood up. Superman towards him. He turned on his laser eyes and killed the guy that was to the left of Batman. He did the same to the guy on the right of Batman. He turned off his laser eyes and stopped in front of Batman. Superman reached out and took off the Batman's mask, revealing Bruce Wayne underneath. Superman looked at the mask and then back at Bruce.

 Superman looked at the mask and then back at Bruce

"She was my world." He said. "And you took her from me. Now...you get to see yours taken from you." Superman looked to one of his soldiers. He took a remote out of his pocket and pressed a button. Suddenly, the wall next to him turned into windows. Through the windows, they saw Lex Luthor's sister. She looked horrible. Black circles around her red eyes. She was sitting on the floor, red energy surrounding her hands, as blocks flew in the air. Bruce's body became tense at the sight of her in there. "Laia Vaher, Bruce Wayne's best friend, now dead. For good." The girl moved her hands quickly, putting one over the other, causing two of the blocks to crash into each other. 

Superman glanced back at the soldier

"Do it." He said and the soldier pressed another button. Suddenly, smoke entered the girl's room. The red energy went away. She started coughing.

"No." Bruce said. The girl wasn't able to breathe. "No!" Her eyes rolled in the back of her head and she fell to the ground, dead. "NO!" His heart broke at the sight of the dead girl he loved. Bruce looked at Superman, tears in his eyes. "I'm gonna kill you."

"I'm sorry." Superman said. "But you brought this on yourself. And now, it's time for you to die." Superman put his hand on Bruce's chest. He pushed forwards, breaking Bruce's bones, causing Bruce to scream.

Suddenly, Bruce woke up to electricity in the room. He looked over and saw a bright light with a guy standing there.

"Bruce!" The guy said. The guy's helmet came off, showing that the guy had an eye mask on. "It's Lois! It's Lois Lane! She's the key!" Bruce looked at him with a clueless look on his face. "Am I too soon?" He screamed as the electricity flashed. "I'm too soon! You're right about him! You've always been right about him! Fear him! Fear him! Laia's alive!" Bruce's heart jumped at the sound of her name. "She's alive! Find us, Bruce! You have to find us!"

Suddenly, Bruce woke up, seeing everything was normal. His computer beeped, showing the LEXCORP symbol. Bruce pushed a button, and it showed a search screen. He typed in WHITE PORTUGUESE. It showed some files. He moved his mouse over some pictures. It showed a place and a ship. The ship was named White Portuguese.

(Time Skip)

"The White Portuguese is not a man." Bruce said. "It's a ship."

"Master Wayne, since the age of 7, you have been to the art of deception as Mozart to the harpsichord." Alfred said, fixing the Batman Mobile. "But you've never been too hot at lying to me." He turned to Bruce. "The White Portuguese isn't carrying a dirty bomb. What is it carrying?"

"It's a weapon." Bruce said. "It's a rock. A mineral capable of weakening Kryptonian cells. The first sample big enough to mean something turned up in the Indian Ocean 3 months ago. It is now aboard the White Portuguese, being delivered to Lex Luthor, who I am gonna steal it from."

"To keep it out of Luthor's hands?" Alfred asked. "To destroy it?"

"No." Bruce said.

"You're gonna go to war?" Alfred asked.

"He has the power to wipe out the entire human race, and if we believe there's even a 1% chance that he is our enemy, we have to take it as an absolute certainty." Bruce said. "We have to destroy him."

"But he is not our enemy." Alfred insisted.

"Not today." Bruce said. "20 years in Gotham, Alfred. We've seen what promises are worth. How many good guys are left. How many stayed that way." He started walking away.

"What would Laia say?" Alfred asked, causing Bruce to stop. Images of Laia dying entered his mind. Bruce was quiet for a second before talking.

"I'm doing this for Laia." Bruce said. "I wasn't there to save her, but I can save everyone else." He walked out.