Flashback in Frances Part 1

Lu yao is sitting in his balcony window smoking as he looks at the Eiffel Tower, and the busy street of France and mesmerizing the scenery.

que c'est beau he said and his memories rush back to his promise to Qiao Chusheng that he will bring him to France one day and smile lances around his face and said I hope to grant your wish soon.

He sighs with a cigarette in his mouth and puffing smoke out, his phone vibrates and a text from his wife saying

Lu Yao meet me to a marriage counselor now!!! It's urgent
-Youning

Lu yao still puffing smoke out of his mouth put the cigarette buds in the ash tray, and open his coat closet and taking out his black coat and taking his keys and rushing out.

Lu yao hailed a cab and rush to the Couple counselor place or as lu yao would called it therapy sessions with his soon to be divorced wife, during the car ride he thought those moments on how he and youning constantly bickering and arguing. And said how sometimes youning would physically hurt him, but he accepted it, but he got tired of it and moved out. He seems more content living alone but youning 24/7 messaging him where he was, or what he was doing got him even more annoyed and block her contacts to live a peaceful life. And rethink about his life and yearning to see Qiao Chusheng.

He didn't know how it happen, without Qiao Chusheng he become indifferent he started to smoke and drink. He found life boring and miserable no crimes to solves as if he miss it, nothing fun happens going to social gathering with so called friends that youning calls them, he doesn't find it interesting.

Youning constantly getting on his nerves asking him to stop and act like a grown up. Her constant nagging that's what cause them to fall apart Lu yao got fed up and yelled.

Stop getting on my nerves!!! I am not a child that you nag around and your not my mother for  telling me what to do he yelled and continue to smoke and drink.

Youning push the cigarette off Lu yao mouth and said Do really want to die? So badly it's bad for you in a anger tone.

But Lu yao Scoffs and ignores her and took out another cigarette to light up, she took the pack of cigarette that was on the table and tossed it in the bin.

Lu yao yelled what's your problem!!!

Youning saying what's wrong with you?! Why? Are you acting like a 5 year old child that needs a scolding.

Lu yao got annoyed instead of saying anything he got off his arm chair and took his coat out and went for a walk to get a breath of fresh air.

Lu yao said to himself I AM BORED!!!!! He shouted in frustration to himself he doesn't know why? But he feels it.

When he came back form his walk he opened the apartment door to his surprise Youning threw a frying pan at Lu yao luckily he avoided it and said Woah!!!just great Now your throwing stuff at me how great it that He said in a sarcastic manner.

She scoffs and said you are acting like a child so you deserve that.

I could have died lu yao said

Come on you dodge it so there's no harm done youning responded.

Lu yao looks at her wife don't throw dangerous weapons at their husband.

And a husband should treat their wife with respect beside she said it's not dangerous and you dodge it there is no harm done.

Hold on a second Lu yao said you think I have no respect for you what about me? He said haven't you thought about what I was feeling when you suddenly make plans to do something that I don't like or jumping into conclusions that I am having affair.

Youning laughs and said so what.

So what!!! Lu yao said you really don't think about my needs. I should have respect to, I am being honest I am bored with this stupid lifestyle where we have to act as if we are a happy couple when we are not.

We are happy youning respond.

Arrggghhhh you just don't get it do you I hate it, I want to go back.

Go back to where?!

Shanghai with Qiao Chusheng

No way, I like it here in France  Youning said.

And the argument continue, neither of them want to give up. Each had their point of view, because of this Lu yao and youning had to go to couple counseling to settle their differences.

But it didn't go well as expected.

The therapist who had to listen to them, were more in shock and didn't know how to make them happy. Both parties just won't reconciled both had their opinions on how the others person throw stuff at them with their angry the other one can't stop smoking and drinking because he finds his life boring.

They had 7 session and neither of them will give in.

The therapist sighs and said Well I just don't know how to say this.

Just get to the point Lu yao said

Well! The therapist said I think you both need to be apart, and figure things out on your own. And after figuring things out maybe then try to work things out together. Right now it's better if you guys separate before you strain your relationship more. My advice live separately, and rethink about your marriage and why? It's failing apart and if you are ready then maybe then you can live together.

And thats how Lu yao lived alone in his own apartment no nagging or someone throwing stuff at you when you don't listen to them. He felt free, or more happy. The separation did wonders for him, he didn't even think about his marriage as if he thinks he is not married.

It's been 1 year since they separated thought youning tried to rekindle their relationship he doesn't want to and avoid it. And when the invitation for qiao chusheng wedding came he took the appropriate to go back to Shanghai, and try to talk things out with Chusheng.