*Chapter 2*

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

The morning rays of the sun poured in through the small window in the light breath user's room. The sleeping female was awoken by the scent of green tea filling the rather small bedroom.

She slowly sat up and rubbed the sleep away from her eyes. "I thought you might like some green tea. I made it lukewarm, not too hot, just the way you like it." The familiar voice of Amane reached Y/N's aware ears.

The demon slayer looked to the side of her futon to see a cup of green tea, along with a small bowl of rice on a little wooden tray. To show her gratitude, Y/N grabbed her pen and notepad and wrote down her thanks.

Thank you, mother. I'm thankful for the breakfast you have given me.

Amane smiled and lightly ruffled Y/N's hair. "Your welcome dear. I assumed from the eventful night that had happened, you might like something pleasant to start your morning." She hugged her mother, careful to not spill the breakfast Amane left for her.

"I'll see you later. If you need anything, just come ask me, okay Y/N?" The H/C haired female nodded and watched as her mother left the bedroom quietly. Once Amane left, her attention turned back toward the tray on the wooden floor.

Her gentle fingers wrapped around the warm cup to hold it. She took a sip of the tea and hummed in satisfaction. The warmth of the tea comforted the female. No more than a few sips later, the tea was already all gone.

She placed the still warm cup onto the tray and picked up the bowl of rice. Using the chopsticks left for her, Y/N began to slowly eat the rice, bit by bit. The flavor of plain rice lingered in her mouth as she continued to eat it.

"Caw! Good morning Y/N! Caw!" Nikkou squawked to his master and landed right next to the empty tea cup. Putting the down the now empty bowl and chopsticks, Y/N pet Nikkou's head and started to get up. Her usual outfit was in her closet, freshly washed.

It had been countless times where it was stained in blood. It would be either her own or a demon's. She had been staring at it so long that her eyes began to project illusions of the old blood stains on it.

"Caw! Master Ubuyashiki wants to see you! Caw! Master Ubuyashiki wants to see you!" The loud squawking of Nikkou snapped Y/N out of her daze. Furrowing her brows, she got up and grabbed the red and white miko outfit from her closet and began hastily putting it on.

(If you don't like the outfit, that's fine, just don't complain about it in hype comments

(If you don't like the outfit, that's fine, just don't complain about it in hype comments. Thanks!)

The standard Demon Slayer Corps issued uniform wasn't particularly to Y/N's liking. In her mind, it hindered her speed and she didn't want to wear a haori over it like the pillars usually did.

Her outfit was light, and allowed her to move freely. It was better than the regular uniform, in her opinion.

"Caw! Beautiful! Caw!" Nikkou cried, flying to the window and setting on the wooden frame. Thank you Nikkou. I don't know what I would do without a friend like you.

Y/N tied her nichirin blade to her waist, not going anywhere without it. She may not be able to go out on missions anymore, but she won't hesitate to slay any demon that comes near her family.

The female made her way through the Ubuyashiki mansion, to her father's bedroom, where he usually resided

The female made her way through the Ubuyashiki mansion, to her father's bedroom, where he usually resided. She knocked on the wood lining the paper door.

A light "come in" could be heard from inside. She entered the room, finding her father sitting on his futon, facing her. "Y/N. Welcome my child. Come sit." He smiled at his daughter and gestured for her to sit.

The demon slayer closed the door with ease and sat in front of her father. "I know you don't speak around anyone, but I would appreciate if you would to me, since I can't see what you write."

"Now, I know you aren't too fond of the pillars, but I would like for you to make yourself known to them. They know nothing of you yet, and I think it's time they finally meet you."

Y/N hesitantly responded. "Do you really think that's a good idea father? I'm sure if I was introduced to them, they wouldn't trust me. I already know what's going to happen."

Talking felt so odd to Y/N she doesn't do it ever, not even in front of her own mother. But her father came with some exceptions. Hearing her own voice made her cringe.

"Y/N. The I was going to address this at the next Hashira meeting, but, since your determined to not meet them, I'll tell you now. One of our swordsmen, Kamado Tanjiro, has met Muzan Kibutsuji. And ever since he started going on missions, Kibutsuji has sent pursuers after Kamado. So now we have a lead on his whereabouts."

"So you want me to help out now since we can possibly find the demon king?" Y/N replied.

"Yes. He has ever right to be afraid of you, my child. Your our key to defeating Kibutsuji. I've felt I have put together the most strongest pillars since the first breathers, so I'm sure with your help, we will be able to take him down."

The demon slayer thought about it. It was true, even though she particularly didn't like the pillars, they had quite the skill and technique. Some of them invented their own breath style, which impressed Y/N a bit.

This was also the first time that any swordsmen has met Muzan. Now that he has given himself away for the first time, the female could sense the war with the demon king coming very shortly.

"Y/N? What is your opinion on this? Are you willing to show yourself to your peers now? And are you willing to begin going on missions again? I understand if you choose not to, but I do think we really need your help more than ever now, my child." Kagaya said, feeling for Y/N's hands and holding them in his own.

The female demon slayer furrowed her brows. This was it. The war for ending Muzan was about to begin. It would be selfish of her to not participate in it just because of a ridiculous fear. What was the point of her role in the Corps if she wasn't going to fulfill it?

"Yes! I'll help out! I'll finally meet those obnoxious pillars and find Kibutsuji! I promise to not let you down father!" Y/N said, determination in her voice.

"Ah. I'm glad your willing to help now. We will have our gathering of the pillars this afternoon. I will properly introduce you then. Oh, and the swordsman I mentioned, Kamado Tanjiro will be attending as well. He has been carrying a demon in tow while going on missions. I'll tell you more about it at the gathering."

Y/N bowed in respect to her father before getting up to leave the room. "Y/N." Kagaya called out to his daughter. She stopped and faced him.

"I think you'll find the pillars interesting. I think you'll also like them once you meet them properly. Maybe you'll find something special with one of them."

She cringed at the thought of dating one of the pillars. None of them seemed right to for her. "Father, I may be 18, but that doesn't mean I don't know love. I doubt I'll date any of them." And with that, she hastily left her father's bedroom, a little flustered.

Tanjiro has been aged up to 18 in this story! So has Y/N! No age comments please!

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆