*Chapter 1*

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Y/N stared up ahead at the scene in front of her. Tears of sadness began to roll down her soft cheeks. Her grip on her nichirin blade tightened as she watched.

A group of newly turned demon children were feeding off dead human bodies that laid lifeless in the soft snow stained with crimson blood. Multiple bodies were scattered all over the town, bleeding and rotting.

Puffs of Y/N's breath began to become visible in the cold winter air as her crying made her breathe heavy. The demon children didn't seem to notice her, they were too busy swallowing chunks of human flesh.

She didn't want to slay them, she wanted to save them. But how would she? There was no way. The once innocent children could never be turned back.

The demon slayer's feet began to move on her own, eventually speeding up to a sprint. Her sword was ready to swing, and the tears still pouring out of her eyes. Forgive me! Her mind screamed at the children.

In the blink of an eye, the children had been beheaded, and their bodies fell into the snow with a thump. The heads flying into the air and landing harshly in the freshly fallen snow.

Y/N sheathed her blade and fell to the ground on her knees. Her crying becoming intense, so much that she had a hard time breathing. Her sobbing filled the silence of the town.

This was it. The hunt for demons was over. Now, Y/N just wanted to play defense for once and not attack. Snowflakes began to tangle themselves in her hair as she wept in the middle of the ghost town.

I'm responsible for so many deaths, so many innocent people that didn't deserve to die. Those children should have lived a long, happy life. So did everyone else that I have slayed.

The female could hear the whispers and cries of the demons she had killed in the past. They were clawing at her heart, dragging her down. Voices filed her ears and her head. Her delicate hands gripped her head as she attempted to silence the voices.

I had too! Demons can't live! Not as long as they have tainted their tongues in blood! Forgive me everyone! I wish I could turn back time!

A scream of agony filled the cold air as the demon slayer suffered alone. No words were spoken. Just more screams and cries of pain, suffering, and agony.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

Suddenly, the female was pulled from her sleep and she sat up abruptly. "Y/N dear? Are you alright? I heard your screaming again."

She glanced to her side to see her mother, Amane Ubuyashiki gently rubbing her back and pushing her hair away from her sweaty face. Y/N grabbed the pen and paper laying next to her futon and wrote down her response.

I'm sorry mother. I had another nightmare. Did I wake anyone else up?

Amane shook her head and brought her daughter in for a hug and rubbed her back soothingly. "Y/N, it's alright. Everyone is still asleep. Your father is as well."

The mother held her daughter while she quietly sobbed into her kimono. "There there, everything will be alright." Amane being saying sweet words of comfort to make her feel better.

It took a moment, but finally, Y/N stopped crying and pulled away to meet her mother in her lavender eyes. She reached for the notepad again and wrote what she was going to do next.

Mother, I'm going to stay up for a bit. I'll go to sleep later. Please go back to sleep, it's the middle of the night. You need rest. Sorry for ruining your kimono.

The white haired female understood her daughters concerns and nodded her head before planting a kiss to her forehead. "It's alright, don't worry about my clothes. I'll go now. Don't stay up too late dear." Amane smiled and left the room.

Y/N's went back to the nightmare she had. It was an old memory. It was also her last mission she went on. After that traumatizing suffering she went though, the demon slayer had been on temporary relive from missions.

Kagaya, her father, understood Y/N's feelings and had permitted her to take a break. Sometimes, she wondered how she deserved such understanding and loving parents. Not only that, siblings that never fought with one another.

Maybe some fresh air will do.

Y/N stood up and fixed her bed head before sliding the paper door open and closing it quietly before walking down the dark hallway. Soon enough, she reached the doors that exited into the garden where the pillars usually gathered.

The moon shone brightly over the quiet and tranquil garden

The moon shone brightly over the quiet and tranquil garden. The water reflected light from the moon, making Y/N crack a smile at how beautiful it was.

She inhaled the refreshing scent of the plants surrounding the pond, and enjoyed the feeling of the cool evening air against her skin. Her night kimono made her feel like she was bare, and not wearing anything. But no one else was around, so she didn't really care.

Following the path upwards, Y/N came across the many trees of wisteria. The one flower that wards off demons. Her fingers gently touched the purple flower. The plant seemed to radiate and glow under the moonlight.

Her hands trailed to the sturdy bark of the tree. Beautiful wisteria. So powerful that demons won't even come near it. But so gentle that it could never hurt a human soul.

The female began humming quietly to herself while walking amongst the wisteria trees. She gazed at them and got entranced by the beauty of the flower's nature. Maybe I should do this more often. It's calming and quiet.

Some soft flapping could be heard as Y/N's eyes concentrated on the purple beauty surrounding her. Nikkou, I can hear you. Nikkou was Y/N's crow, he was reliable and one of her only friends. He often followed the demon slayer around on missions, trailing not to far behind to make sure she was doing okay.

The Kasugai crow landed on a branch on one of the wisteria trees. He watched Y/N and cocked his head slightly. Since the female didn't have her notepad with her, she just gave a simple wave and a genuine smile to her crow friend.

"Good evening!" The bird cawed back to her. Y/N put a finger to lips as a signal to be quiet. The bird understood and nodded its head as a response. With that, Nikkou flew off into the night. The H/C haired female watched him fly away. Night, Nikkou.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆