✯𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝✯

I sat at the front of my house, gloomily. The rain was pouring non-stop. The sound of crickets and insects made me feel accompanied. I could smell the delicious sent of pakodas, my mom is frying. I glance at the group of kids, who were playing in the rain together.

" 𝗔𝘀𝗵𝘄𝗶𝗻! 𝗠𝗮𝘇𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝘂𝗸𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝘂 𝘆𝗲𝘃𝗮𝗹𝘂 𝘃𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗶 𝘀𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗵𝘂? 𝗦𝗮𝗹𝗶 𝗽𝘂𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗱𝘂𝗺! 𝗨𝗹𝗹𝗮 𝘃𝗮 𝗶𝗽𝗽𝗼" My mom shouted from the kitchen. My eyes trained on the group having fun in rain. I said sadly
" 𝗔𝗺𝗺𝗮 𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗸𝘂 𝗮𝘃𝘂𝗻𝗴𝗮 𝗸𝘂𝗱𝗮 𝘃𝗶𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗮𝗱𝗮𝗻𝘂𝗺" My mom came to me and sat besides me.

" 𝗔𝘀𝗵𝘄𝗶𝗻 𝗸𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮, 𝗻𝗲𝗲 𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘂𝗺 𝗻𝗮 𝘃𝗶𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗮𝗱𝘂 𝗮𝗻𝗮 𝗶𝗽𝗽𝗱𝗶 𝘀𝗼𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗮 𝗺𝗮𝘇𝗵𝗮𝗶 𝘆𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗵𝘂𝘁𝘂 𝗼𝗸𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗵𝗲. 𝗡𝗲𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝗶 𝘃𝗲𝗻𝗮 𝗮𝘃𝘂𝗻𝗴𝗮 𝗸𝗼𝗱𝗮 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝘃𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗸𝗼! 𝗜𝗽𝗱𝗶 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗶𝘆𝗮 𝗼𝗸𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮 𝗸𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮.." She adviced me. I gulped.  I would love to play with them...But i am scared..What if they rejected me? What if they bullied me? " 𝗩𝗲𝗻𝗮 𝗺𝗮..𝗡𝗮 𝘂𝗻𝗴𝗮 𝗸𝘂𝗱𝗶𝘆𝗲 𝗶𝗿𝗿𝘂𝗸𝗲𝗮𝗻. 𝗡𝗲𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗮 𝗽𝗼𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗺 𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗸𝘂" i said sadly lying on my mother's lap, watching them.

Suddenly I heard a loud horn sound. I jerked up. I saw a big truck parking next to our house. It was pouring heavily as i couldn't see who was coming out. But i saw a man and woman coming out of the truck, holding an umbrella. " 𝗬𝗮𝗿𝘂 𝗺𝗮 𝗮𝘃𝘂𝗻𝗴𝗲?"
" 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗹𝗮 𝗱𝗮 𝗸𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮. 𝗣𝘂𝘁𝗵𝘂𝘀𝗮 𝗸𝘂𝗱𝗶 𝘃𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘂 𝗽𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗮. 𝗡𝗲𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗶𝘆𝗲 𝗻𝗮 𝘂𝗻𝗮𝗸𝘂 𝗽𝗮𝗸𝗼𝗱𝗮 𝘆𝗲𝗱𝘂𝘁𝗵𝘂 𝘃𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻"

I was really curious. Who are they? Are they my new neighbours. Then i saw a little girl jumping down from the truck. She looked like 6. Same age as me! She jumped in the rain happily. Her smile weighted thousand pounds. She was wearing a small frock. I had a urge too play with her in the rain

I heard them calling " 𝗦𝗵𝗶𝘃𝘂! 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗹 𝗸𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗸𝗿𝗮𝘂𝘁!" The girl made a oh no expression and said             " 𝘃𝗮𝗿𝘂𝗻𝗻𝘂!" . I saw her jumping towards her house, which is next to mine. " 𝗔𝗺𝗺𝗮, 𝗮𝘃𝘂𝗻𝗴𝗮 𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲?" I asked.
" 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗺 𝗱𝗮." My mom said. Malayalam? I have never heard that language. " 𝗘𝗻𝗮𝗸𝘂 𝗮𝘃𝘂𝗻𝗴𝗮 𝗸𝘂𝗱𝗮 𝗽𝗲𝘀𝗮𝗻𝘂𝗺 𝗻𝘂 𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗶𝘆𝗮 𝗶𝗿𝗿𝘂𝗸𝘂 𝗺𝗮" I said longingly. My mom chuckled and said." 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶, 𝗺𝗮𝘇𝗵𝗮 𝗻𝗶𝗸𝗸𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗺. 𝗡𝗮𝗺𝗺𝗮 𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗮𝗺"

( "Shivangi! Don't play in the rain!" " Coming!")

I was praying for the rain to stop, so badly. I really wanted to talk to them. Thier language inspired me. But to my luck the rain was pouring non stop. I glanced at the neighbouring house. 3 men were unloading and unpacking stuff. I saw them as the girl helped them too. She looks so happy. I really wanted to be friends with her!

" 𝗔𝗺𝗺𝗮! 𝗠𝗮𝘇𝗵𝗮 𝗻𝗶𝗸𝗮 𝗽𝗼𝗴𝘂𝘁𝗵𝘂, 𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗮?" i asked my mom. " 𝗢𝗸 𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗮𝗺. 𝗘𝗻𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝗲 𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗸𝘂?" My mom investigated." 𝗔𝗱𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗮𝗺 𝗮𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗽𝗲𝘀𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗺 𝗺𝗮! 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁𝘂 𝘃𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗮𝗺!" i said jumping." 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶, 𝗮𝗻𝗮 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗯𝗮 𝗸𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗸𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘃𝗶𝘇𝗵𝘂𝗻𝗱𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝗿𝗮" My mom said. " 𝗠𝗮 𝘃𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲!" I shouted eagrly.