Part 5

Sidharth woke up to find himself alone in the bed. She was already up early. He looked at the yellow turmeric patch on his hand and reminisce her soft touch on it. A subtle smile escapes his lips. He then thinks about her leg which was hurt and goes out to search for her.

Mahinder was adjusting the chain of his cycle and putting oil into the wheels. Sana was doing a rangoli at the front courtyard of the house. She didn't have a veil on her head since she had tied her hair with a towel as it was wet.

A few smaller strands of her hair which didn't reach the towel, kissed her forehead and she pushes them with the back of her hands unknowingly sticking a little bit of rangoli on her forehead. She was so engrossed in that beautiful rangoli that she had totally forgotten her surrounding.

He couldn't speak to her because of his father-in-law's presence. He simply gawked at her standing near the door.

Mahinder: Beta, can you go inside and get some water for me to wash my oily hands.

Sana nods and gets up and goes inside. Sidharth hid behind the door immediately. She gets water and helps Mahinder to wash his hand. Sidharth looks at her again from behind the door. He finds her coming back with the jug and hides behind the door yet again.

As soon as he finds her shadow approaching the door, he holds her wrist, pulls her towards him and pins to the wall behind. He was shocked and embarrassed when he finds that it was Mahinder instead of his wife who he pulled by mistake.

Mahinder was taken aback and he looks at Sidharth who now left his wrist and looked everywhere else than his face in embarrassment. Mahinder looked outside as Sana had resumed putting her rangoli. He points his finger at her to show him that she is there and silently went inside.

Sidharth facepalms and scratches his head once he was gone. He sauntered outside and stood near her observing the rangoli or rather gawking at her.

Sidharth: Beautiful!!

Sana looks up at him in surprise.

Sidharth: (points at rangoli) It's beautiful.

Sana: Hmm.. (looks down and finishes her rangoli)

She gets up and goes inside without any reaction. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head in disappointment. He washes his face and goes to his room. Sana comes with a glass of tea for him and gives it to him.

Sidharth: How is your leg now?

Sana: What?

Sidharth: Your leg? You got hurt right yesterday night?

Sana: Yes, I am fine. It is common for me to get hurt doing work.

Sidharth: Sunaina, I am bored at home, so I was thinking of going out for sometime. Will you join?

Sana: (She looks around in surprise and then realised that he called her Sunaina) I need to help Amma with preparing some savouries to be taken with us day after tomorrow.

Sidharth: Hmm.. okay.

He stays until afternoon lunch and then goes out. When he returns in the evening, he gives her a big bunch of green bangles tied with a string. Her eyes shine looking at it and she gives a brightest smile.

Sana: So many? For me? (She asks with a smile)

He nods with a smile and gives her a kiss on her cheek. She looks at him and smiles. She didn't show discomfort and he felt elated about it. He than gave her a flower garland which was wrapped in a banana leaf. It had some fresh jasmine flowers and few son-champa flowers.