Chapter twenty:

It had been a full week since I'd seen and talked to George. He didn't call, text or even see me as I think he knew I needed space. He wasn't even treating me like shit but I felt so hurt but what he told me, that I felt so much pain for Will.

I told the group everything and they were giving him the shoulder, as much as I didn't want them to. It didn't matter anymore anymore, in a couple of days, I would be going home again for Christmas, which meant that I could fully clear my head and maybe even go a few days without crying my eyes out.

It was 6:30 pm and was actually snowing, my favourite type of weather other than rain -as along as I'm not out in it, but I am in love with the sound of it against my window-

I'm wearing my favourite blue and white wooly hat and a black jacket, fully covered from the cold as I take a walk around campus, something to take my mind off of everything.

I'm staring down at the ground but I bump into someone.

"Oh sorry-"

I look up and see a moping George stood there, hands in his pockets standing awkwardly. I don't stand there for a minute longer before I move aside and continue walking, but he follows behind me.

"Hallie please, I'm begging you just hear me out"

He asks me. I stop walking and just stare out in front of me, before I turn around, crossing my arms and not saying anything, wanting him to say something first.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry..."

"It's not exactly me who you should be saying sorry to, George"

I tell him and he nods.

"You actually made me think that your brother was just bitter about your fathers death when in actual fact, you're the one who's in the wrong"

I state. I take a deep breath.

"I called Will up a few nights ago, he's still angry and he doesn't really want a relationship with me but, he accepts the apology, I swear I didn't just do it for you, I did it to make things right"

He tells me.

"Please, I know it was fucking terrible, but you have to forgive me. Will has, but now I'm more concerned about my relationship with you"

He says. I weigh out my options, one on hand, I think that I'm making a mistake but then in the other, if Will has forgiven him, at least, then maybe I should as well.

"Okay. Okay fine"

"Really?"

And he asks, I start nodding and he leans in for a kiss, which I accept.

*******************
"Man, those guys are gonna be shocked that I forgave you, to say the least"

I joke as I'm laid down on George's laps, while he plays with my hair. The uncomfortable tension between us had completely disappeared and we were back to how it was before. It may seem as if I'm an idiot for forgiving him, but if Will hadn't forgiven him, I wouldn't have.

"I talked to them already, they're happy that we're back to how everything was"

He tells me. I sit up and stare at him.

"When did you talk to them?"

"When you were napping"

He tells me. I smile at him and place a kiss on his cheek. We talk for a while before the subject of Christmas.

"Speaking of, do you think that I could maybe, go to your place for Christmas?"

He asks. I look up at him.

"Oh, my mom, Will and Zara are heading away to New York for Christmas to see my grandpa but that guy hates me for some reasons so I can't go. Would that be alright?"

"Yeah of course, I'll call my step mom later"

I tell him before leaning in for another kiss.