Cake and Chocolate

Chapter 7

Kristen's POV:

I've never seen someone so beautiful before until I saw Neveah in her full glory. I laid here in bed just thinking about how her blond hair seemed to get a whole lot lighter and her eyes had darkened uncontrollably. I know that she's a vampire and she can be dangerous, especially to me, but none of that really matters to me anymore.

The clock read 5:42 but it seemed so late. The sun hasn't even risen yet, and I couldn't help but want to see my beautiful mate.

Tossing the covers aside, I let myself be welcomed by the greeting of the cool air on my hot skin. Neveah is the sun in my life and I just wanted her to be mine completely, but I knew the universe had something against us, and it will probably never be like that. At least with all the obstacles we knew faced ahead.

The cool wind blew my curtains, and the faint moonlight lit up the room just a tad. Being a werewolf had its perks, so darkness has never once bothered me. It was nearing December, and soon the cold air with make me keep the window closed at night.

December. . I wonder when Neveah's birthday is. I wonder a lot of things actually. Mostly everything involving a certain blonde vampire.

Since I wasn't going to get any sleep, I decided school just wasn't worth my time. Falling asleep in class and getting sent to the principal's office for taking a nap in class wasn't going to get me anywhere. Spending some more time with Neveah, on the other hand, will benefit me in the long run.

Her golden eyes popped into my head as I closed my eyes, trying to clear my head to let a deep sleep come over me. This certainly wasn't working. Having her next to me as I slept, on the other hand, is an entirely different story. Usually werewolf mates meet each other, and since they are both werewolves, their wolves push for the mating, and they mate as soon as possible. Having a mate to love and cherish is a once in a lifetime experience.

I wish I was able to hold Neveah in my arms, tightly, and whisper loving words in her ear, and watch her drift off into a deep slumber. I wanted to be able to kiss her and never let her go. I just wanted what every other werewolf had. .

I don't think it has ever been heard of for a werewolf to have a vampire as a mate. Especially an Alpha. Vampires having mates is rare in general. It's not hard for a vampire to conceive, but with other species, it is. The bite of a vampire can also turn a human, so most of their souls aren't with them, and they're an entirely different person. Neveah was born a vampire, so her soul has always been intact. Maybe that's why she's able to have a mate, me.

I already feel as if I'm connected to her by this inexplicable, powerful force. This was nature's way of telling us it was time to mate that we have waited far too long. Neveah and I, our relationship, just aren't ready for that step and commitment just yet. I have problems that need to be dealt with, and so does Neveah. We all have our problems, but ours needed to be handled as soon as possible before we ever even thought about becoming the same person.

Speaking of Neveah's problems, I wonder what the full story is as to why she's on the run. But I'm really not going to bother as to ask her. I don't want her to force her into saying anything that isn't any of my business. I would never want to pressure her into anything, especially mating.

Shoving the covers aside, I stood up on my feet, wiggling my numb toes before making my way to the balcony, letting the sights of the breaking dawn astound me. Sighing, I ran my hand through his hair as I looked closely at the tree line surrounding the pack house. The sound of deer running in the distance and the owls hooting their goodbyes to the moon before making their way into their holes inside the oak trees.