First Day

Chapter 4

Neveah's POV:

   I turned around to see the Alpha growling at everyone. Oh, no, this can not be happening to me. Why me? Great, the big bad alpha. Since when do Vampires get mates?

   "You're coming with me," he said, grabbing my arm rather roughly. I will not let some dog ruin my life, I will not. Pulling my arm back to my side, I shoved him away from me.

   "If you don't mind, dog, I'm going to pretend I haven't done this a million times before and actually do my stupid job. Now, if you excuse me," I said, walking off and leaving the werewolves to openly gape at me as I walked away from them.

   After getting my schedule from the nice lady at the front desk, I eventually found my locker. "That was quite an entrance." Turning my head, I saw a guy, leaning against the locker next to mine.

   His blue eyes shined in amusement as I tried to figure out who he was. "The name is Dexter," he said, holding his hand out for me to take. I looked at it, deciding it wasn't worth my time.

   "Feisty one, aren't you?" He said, returning his hand back to his side.

   I looked him over, slamming my locker shut. "What do you want with me?" I hissed, baring my fangs at the guy who is seriously annoying the hell out of me. Him being here is making this experience even more agonizing.

   "Let me introduce myself. My name is Dexter León, a vampire who has lived a little less than yourself," he said, sending me an award winning smile.

   I guess Cameron will not be searching for long to find those vampires.

****

   By lunch time, Dexter and I were what you can say friends. More like aquitance in my eyes, but I guess I can consider him a friend.

   Everyone thought he was a human, but he just hid his scent like all his buddies. I told him about what Cameron had told me this morning about finding their 'clan.'

   "It would be an honor to have you two part of the 'clan,'" he said, scrunching up his fingers around the word clan.

   "Well thank you very much, but I do have to warn you about what we're going to be up against. I knew that you guys have been hiding for so long without getting caught, but this is a very powerful clan who's missing their future leaders, who know everything there is to know. My father won't stop until he either kills us or drag us back home. I believe the killing is what he's motivated on nowadays," I said, leaning my head to the side.

   Dexter smiled. "I think we can hide the two of you pretty well. Your offense isn't that major, but that's for comeners, like myself. You and Cameron, on the other hand, are suppose to be clan leaders. I still believe that it won't be that hard to keep you two hiden and to find his whereabouts."

   I began to listen as he told me everything their is to know about their group. It seems that everyone has either left clan life to be free or they had commited a crime and ran from death.

   The way Dexter described these people made it seem like they were all some big happy family. They didn't sound like criminals or anything, they seemed really nice in fact.

   "When can we meet all you guys?" I asked, shoving what's suppose to be meatloaf around with my fork.

   "I'll come by your place around 8 'o clock. You two wait out front for my arrival alright?" Dexter said. "As soon as I'm there, we're leaving."

   After leaving Dexter to head to class, I made my way to class. I couldn't wait to tell Cameron all about my discoveries about the group he so despreately wanted to get in touch with.