Attacks of Death

Chapter 22

Attacks of Death

Neveah's POV:

"Do you need any help?"

"I'm alright. Just tired," I replied, glancing at Cameron, who leaned against the door frame. I was changing Alexander's diaper, and now my little boy was all clean and happy. He was awake and calm, which was normal for him. He was such a calm baby.

"He's adorable. I really didn't think I'd ever see you in this position, but I'm glad you are." I smiled at Cameron.

     I had always dreamed of having this life: being with someone so caring and starting a family. I just stopped believing it could ever become a reality, but I'm so glad it did. I love Alexander to pieces.

       "I love being a mother, Cameron. It's the best feeling in the world.. I hope you get to know this kind of love only your child brings you," I said, gently holding Alexander in my arms.

      "I hope so too."

      Cameron left in the evening. Michael and the other vampires, including Dexter left for some reason, which they didn't want to explain, shortly after Cameron left. Alexander and I where home alone. I had just put him to sleep not long ago, and I was in desperate need of some alone time.

      I grabbed the baby monitor from the counter before making my way upstairs to the bedroom. I could hear Alexander's breaths from here, and I smiled to myself knowing my little boy was in the land of dreams. I shut the door quietly behind me as I entered the room.

      I stripped myself of my cloths and walked to the ensuite bathroom. Turning on the hot water, I hopped in and started to relax in the tub filled with bubbles. I sighed in content as my muscle relaxed.

      Being a new mother wasn't easy. It's the hardest job I've ever had to do, but I love it. I love every second I spend with my son. The sleepless nights, the cleaning of diapers, the crying, and constant taking care of Alexander's needs was all I want to do with my day. I do miss having time for myself, as awful as it is to say. Sometimes all I want to do is be in the shower and relax, as well as sleep all night, but I can't. My child's need come before my own.

      I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the edge of the tub. It was nice and quiet, something that rarely ever happens in this household. It was always busy with all the vampires in the clan coming in and out of the manor all day long. With everyone gone it was so quiet. It was fantastic.

      The silence was interrupted as a glass from the kitchen fell on the floor. I opened my eyes and sat up. Are they back?

      "Michael? Dexter? Joe? Is that you?" I shouted.

      I didn't hear any footsteps and I could feel my heart racing in my chest. "Hello? Is anyone home?" I yelled. I was greeted by silence.

      Suddenly the lights went out. I gripped the edge of the tub tightly as I looked around for some explanation. I could see my phone on the bathroom counter, but I didn't know what was going on. One of the drawers was yanked out of its place, sending everything in it flying onto the floor.

      "Who's there?"

      I grabbed the towel and stepped out of the tub. I was scared. Someone was inside the manor and I didn't know what they wanted. I couldn't possibly fight them if I have to care about the wellbeing of Alexander.

     "The phone, I need the phone!" I whispered, grabbing my phone, and dialing Michaels number.

      More glass breaking from somewhere in the manor startled me. Alexander must've heard it and began crying.

      I ran through the hallway, trying to reach the nursery door when I was shoved harshly into the wall. The pain on the left side of my body was great. I gasped for air, and clutched the towel to my chest. "Who are you?" I yelled.

      "Your death."

     I whipped around to be met with nothing. The air was cold, but no one was standing there. The front door shut downstairs and footsteps came running up the stairs. "Neveah!"

      "Michael? Michael!" I kept my hands holding my side and towel to my chest, as I limped to the stairs.

      Michael had a worried expression on his face as he came to my side in an instant. "Oh my, are you alright? Who did this?" He asked, brushing away the hair from my face.

      "The baby.. check the baby," I whispered. Michael nodded before going into the nursery to tend to our baby. Alexanders cries stopped and I felt some sort of relief knowing he was safe and wasn't hurt. He's only two weeks old for gods sake, how cruel can people be to hurt an innocent little baby?

      "He's alright. He wasn't hurt," Michael said. "Are you alright? What happened?"

     "I don't know. The lights went out when I was in the tub. Glass started shattering and when I went to try reaching Alexander, someone attacked me. They told me they where my death. I'm scared, Michael," I cried, wrapping my arms around him.

      "I'm here now. No one is going to hurt you as long as I'm with you."

      I really hoped it was true.