two-faced;

"i love you" his intoxicating words.

warnings: angst, crying, and mentions of a panic attack.

vinnie and i have been dating for almost a year. i've been catching on to something that really bothers me. he can be the most caring, most amazing boyfriend ever when nobody is around. as soon as one of his friends walk in the switch flips. his whole demeanor instantly changes.

in his eyes i'm his loving girlfriend. in his friends eyes i'm just a friend with an obsessive crush on him. i was sitting on vinnie's gaming chair scrolling through instagram. vin, damen, and jett were on the bed talking about whatever.

i get up and walk into the bathroom. i do my business and then wash my hands. as i'm about to open the door i hear my name. i press my ear against the door and listen. "so are you and y/n a thing?" jett asks. "nah between me and you guys. i'm not even into her. she's really clingy and totally obsessed with me." i never thought i'd hear vinnie talk about me that way.

"come on bro she doesn't seem that way at all." damen disagreed. i step back from the door and feel tears threatening to fall. i slide my back down against the wall and let the waterworks fall. what the fuck is up with him? i thought. he's never acted this way before. it's like he's ashamed of dating me or something. he's so two-faced. i get up and fix myself in the mirror.

after washing my face, i take a deep breath and open the door. they all look at me i flash them a fake smile then sit back on the chair. heading back to my original spot i felt eyes on me, so i looked up and saw vinnie staring me.

i gave a questioning look but he just looked away. that's it. i grabbed my shoes slipping them on, zip up my hoodie and walk out the door. as i'm making my way down the stairs i hear footsteps behind me causing me to walk faster.

i just made it out the front door before a wrist grabbed my arm stopping me in my tracks. rolling my eyes before turning around being faced with vincent. "what?" i pulled my arm back. "why are you leaving? is everything okay?"

"oh drop the act. you know your whole mood changed when they walked into the room. you've been doing this for months. are you fucking ashamed of dating me?" his face went from a worried look to a sort of angry look. "what the fuck do you mean by that?" he raised his voice making me flitch because it caught me off guard.

"don't get loud with me vinnie. you're the one always switching up in front of your fucking friends." i rolled my eyes. "i don't know what you're talking about." i nodded. "okay vincent. you know what." i slip the promise ring off my finger throwing it at his chest. "were done." i turn around and walk towards my car. "y/n wait please!" vinnie yelled jogging behind me.

"i love you" it caused me to freeze. those words just felt like a knife stabbing me in the chest.  i look at him knocking on the car window trying to get my attention. "goodbye vinnie" was the last thing said before i pulled out of the hype house driveway speeding off. tears couldn't help but fall. i love that man with all my heart just for him to barely give a shit about me.

finally making it back to my apartment after a long emotional drive. as soon as my head hit the pillow everything just hit me at once. "i love you" his intoxicating words. it just kept replaying in my head.

my mind was going all over the place, the room was spinning, and my breathing was uncontrollable. i sit up hyperventilating trying to catch my breath. "okay
y/n. y-you're fine just taking deep breaths."

i inhaled through my nose and exhaled through my mouth, doing that a couple times helped me settle down. i lay back down and close my eyes letting sleep take over.

————————————————————-
ARI NOTES!

ngl i ate this up. quick idiot moment of mine.

so i was trying to tell me aunt what time it was and it was 10:56 and my dumbass said "20 am" like- 🧍🏽‍♀️.

anyways part 2?