Fix You- Muffy (part. 2)

Marty awoke with a start.

At first, he couldn't tell what was off but he felt it in the air around him. The atmosphere was more peaceful, everything around him felt lighter in a way, except for his arms which was strange because-

oh.

That's what was different.

Snuggled tightly in Marty's arms lay no other than the beautiful Buffy Driscoll. Marty had a moment of slight panic and quickly ducked his head under the covers to ensure they were both fully clothed. Once that suggestion was thrown out the window, he allowed himself to relax and admire the angelic form resting in his arms. She had changed out of the tight dress and heels she was wearing before, thrown haphazardly on his gaming chair, and was now dressed in one of Marty's shirts and a pair of his boxers. His breath hitched when she shifted and he caught a view of her bare legs. Now, Marty certainly wasn't the type to objectify (especially not the love of his life) but he couldn't help being in awe at every part of her. He wondered absentmindedly if he could be allowed to admire her all day. She was simply ethereal.

Buffy shifted once more, this time with a slight wince, and Marty cringed as he caught sight of the bruises on her arms. Suddenly, the events of the previous night flooded back to him, and despite their circumstances, he couldn't keep the dopey grin off his face.

They had kissed.

In his bed.

It seemed like some twisted fairytale ending, but as Marty turned his attention back to all the bruises littering her beautiful body, he knew it was just the beginning for them.

" 'morning", he heard a small voice mumble beside him.

She looked at him softy, with a slightly confused quirk of the eyebrow, as if to say she wasn't completely aware of what was going on but she wasn't mad at it.

Marty's voice froze for a second. What do you say to the love of your life when she wakes up in your bed after previously being dumped by her good for nothing boyfriend?

"Uhh.. hi", he whispered timidly.

Buffy softly giggled at his shyness and began to stretch.

"So, what time is it? Are we gonna get ready for school or what?"

Time?

School??

Oh no. He knew in the back of his mind that they fell asleep super late last night, way past 4 AM. He also knew that the sun wasn't usually shining the way it was now when he had to get up for school. Begrudgingly, he turned his head to face his alarm.

10:30 AM

"Shit" he muttered quietly, but she heard it anyways.

"What?", she had been observing him. Slowly, she turned to see what he was looking at.

"Oh."

They both stared at it in silence for awhile before one of them finally spoke again.

"Well, I guess there's nothing to be done there. Got any other plans for today?". She suddenly had a rejuvenated sense of energy being with him, it almost made her forgot all that she'd been through in the past couple months, almost.