protect you

Hello my lovely single ladies, gentleboys and non-binary buddies! So there is this small comic by an artist I've been following for YEARS now. Her name is Edendaphne and not only is her art fucking AMAZING, but the comic has stuck with me since LITERALLY middle school! Mainly because Alya and Nino are on my list of favorite POC couples (Mulan and Shang are my number one ride or die bitch!!).

I remember watching this damn video that was a dub for the comic but I can't find it anywhere! But you can find the comic online at this link right here (https://edendaphne.tumblr.com/post/152415907490/part-1-of-2-oh-didnt-i-mention-there-would-be)! The second part will be a link if you scroll down btw.

Anyways, this chapter is inspired by that! Please go and check out the lovely EdenDaphne's art, writing and comics!

Okay! Let's begin! I hope you all love it!

XOXO, Hyacinth

Bf/n exhaled, slowly pulling himself from off the knees. He brushed off the concrete dust and tiny pebbles from his jeans, looking over at his bike. It had broken down after hanging out with his friends one night, and he had been trying basically everything that he could possibly could to try and fix it. The bike was a gift from you. Your five-year anniversary gift. You were now going on eight. He smiled, rubbing his fingers against the metal. He sighed with an upset eye roll. He wanted to figure out the problem before giving up and giving away something so precious that you had gifted him. He smiled, touching the peach themed bunny keychain that he kept on his bike keys. To remind himself of his girl. Of you. He smoothed out his shirt as he pulled off his gloves.

"Bf/n! Bf/n! Bf/n!!"

He immediately dropped his stuff, turning around to the open garage door. He looked over, seeing you walking inside of your garage. Still dressed in your work clothes. Your heels clacking on the floor. Bf/n would have praised you and all of your beauty if there wasn't an issue. He rushed over to you. "What is it?! What's wrong?! Are you hurt?" he asked, pulling you up into his arms. "It's those heels isn't it? Stop wearing those to work! You're going to hurt yourself more! You're okay though? Right?! Dammit, come sit down."

He carried you gently over to the bench in your garage. He sat you down and instantly started looking for injuries. He was so adorable. Always caring for you. Protective being the perfect word to describe him. Your eyes welled with tears looking down at him and seeing him being so protective and worried about you. Just seeing them there with you. His gentle fingers actually touching you. Those fingers that you thought you'd never hold again.

Two weeks ago had come and gone so fast. Your world was spinning then. And thinking back to that day when it all went down, your world started spinning now...

/

Two weeks ago...

"I'll be quick babe." you said to him with a smile, moving in and pressing a sweet kiss to his cheek. Bf/n groaned annoyed, pushing his head back all the way. His hands shoved inside of his sweatshirt.

"I hate coming to the bank." he groaned aloud. "So many people. So slow people."

"You know what else I hate? Not being able to cash in my paycheck." you said back to him with a chuckle, waving your papers in front of him with a smile. Bf/n jokingly chuckled, leaning in and kissing your lips in a peck quickly. Just as you walked up to the front desk, there was a loud bang from behind you and loud, terrified screaming. Bf/n jolted from fright, covering his head for a second before rushing over to you and pulling you into his chest. The two of you looked over, seeing five men walk inside of the bank with large guns and faces covered in wine red balaclavas.