monster-in-law (part one)

Keep in mind that this chapter is going to be pretty rage-inducing.

I was watching I Love A Mama's Boy with my family and we watched this scene where one of the mothers (Shekeb's mother) set up a blind date for him with a woman from her country and culture. WHILE HIS GIRLFRIEND WAS THERE. And the entire scene she was so disrespectful to his actual girlfriend. I was so upset watching that and me and my parents were yelling at the screen and each other about what we would do in that situation.

And now... here we are. To make it right. Why? Because Shekeb's a bitch and didn't do what needed to be done the ENTIRE show. This chapter is inspired by some of that show and those Am I The Asshole threads on Reddit with those bitchy mother in-laws. I hope that you enjoy it!

Bf/n let out a groan in annoyance, sitting up from your comfortable cuddle to pick up his phone. Which had been ringing off the hook since six in the morning. His face scrunched up in obvious irritation. You looked up from his chest, seeing as he looked down at the screen. Setting down the book in your hands on your lap, using your thumb to cover the page you were on. "What is it?" you asked, turning your head as best you could without craning it.

"My mom keeps calling me." he said with an eyeroll. "Here. Lemme just put it on silent."

"No. No. Answer her." you said back, sitting up and crossing your legs next to him.

"Baby-"

"You answer the call. It's fine. It's probably very important if she's been calling three times every hour." you said. "Go ahead. I'm was going to get started on lunch anyways."

"Okay." he said, pressing the button and standing up with you. "Mom, you need to stop running up my phone bill with this shit." he called as you moved towards your coffee maker.

You and Bf/n's mom, Giselle, had a very difficult relationship. The two of you met a few months ago and she immediately did not like you. Automatically she acted like you were a bad taste in your mouth. For whatever reason, she was just rude to you. Not happy with you being there. Her comments on your outfit, your makeup, your hair and then she just up and said in the middle of the restaurant that she didn't like you and would never like you. Making a scene so big that some people even started filming and complaining to the manager. Her husband looked so distraught at her words and you left the restaurant in tears. Bf/n was the best to you despite this. In fact, things got better for you as a couple after that. He left with you, took you home and with gentle words and smiles and made sure to make you feel loved. And told you for the first time that he loved you.

And you said it back.

And Bf/n kept his promise to make you feel absolutely loved and cherished in his eyes. It started with flowers every single day at work. Picking you up every day in that wonderful and expensive car of his. Kisses against your palm, your cheek, your forehead. I love yous handwritten left in your coat pocket. Homemade pies and cakes for just waking up in the morning (and not to mention his amazing love-making on almost every surface of your apartment... and his office). Bf/n let you know that nothing would come between you and him and the love that you share. He even promised to cut his mom off, hence how he ignored her calls.

But you told him that he didn't have to and that he shouldn't push his mother away. Knowing how you had lost yours. You wanted them to have a relationship and hoped that maybe she would change her mind. With a smile, he kissed you again and promised that you would come first. Always and forever. He stopped interacting with her as much to respect you and prove his stance on everything. You turned around from the kitchen counter, setting down the bottle of garlic powder as Bf/n entered. He groaned, setting down his phone and slamming his fist on the table before pressing his forehead to the granite. "It's cold and dirty." you said.