Shyness Attracts | Granger x Reader

Written: 25-07-2021

Edited: 01-08-2021

➳ Shy!F!Reader

»»—-—««

The training grounds reverberated with loud battle cries from the Imperial Knights as they sparred intensely under the scorching sun. Despite the sweltering heat, none drop dead as they were highly motivated to escape from the punishment laid out by none other than the true leader of the Lightborn Squad, Silvanna.

As members of the elite squad, the five selected heroes have to set an exemplary model, their training thus harsher than the rest. Though, the weather is relentless, showing no mercy even for the protectors of the Moniyan Empire.

"Hey, watch it!" Harith scowled as he barely dodged the pair of blades in Fanny's hands. Immediately, his hands went up to inspect his hair, checking for its intactness from the close encounter of being sliced off.

"Eyes on me!" Fanny laughed as she zipped through the air with her cables.

"Too much noise," Granger gruffly responded as he rapidly fired six bullets at Fanny, who managed to dodge all as she manoeuvred around with her cables, her feet not touching the ground once.

"Stop being grumpy," Alucard joined in on the teasing as he beckoned over to the sidelines. "Your daily dose of fangirls are here to cheer you on."

"Not interested."

"Shame, if I wasn't attached, I might go for it," the demon hunter shrugged his shoulders playfully, to which the aloof marksman tsked in response at his words.

"Focus," Tigreal cut in as he smashed the ground with his sword, creating ripples and sending dust flying everywhere.

With that, the Lightborn Squad resumed training till dusk, though all want nothing more than to escape the clutches of the sun.

"I'm starving!" Harith grumbled as he raised his arms and stood on his toes, doing a full stretch.

Currently, the Lightborn Squad are on their way to a diner a stone's throw away from their training grounds. Secluded from the main street, it remains a hidden gem for its wide variety of cuisines at an affordable price. And thus, it soon became their frequent hotspot after their rounds of gruelling training.

The owner was wiping the wine glasses at the bar counter when the bells on the glass door chimed, halting her cleaning as her head perked up. Alucard shot her a knowing smile before entering with the others in tow.

The owner gestured to the seats at the back with a jerk of her head before hollering, "When you're ready, give a shout, and I'll get someone to take your orders!"

"Thanks, Missy!"

Once the squad is ready, the owner called out an unfamiliar name before yelling at them once more. "She's new here. Torment her, and I'll kick your ass out, protectors of the empire or not!"

Oh? There is a new staff at the diner? Well, this piqued Granger's interest. Spoke of the devil, a girl stumbled out of the kitchen, drying her hands on the mini apron tied around her waist. The marksman watched in surprise as the girl hurried over to their table, pulling out a notebook and pen from her pockets.

Throughout the day, you have been dealing with diners not more than three per table. So when you have to deal with a group of five, you could feel yourself quaking in your shoes. You prayed for no mishaps because you did not want to embarrass yourself on the first day of work, much less in front of these big shots.