Kabedon | Lightborn Squad x Reader

Written: 17-06-2020

 Lightborn x Child!Reader

Kabedon refers to the act of fiercely slapping the wall next to someone.
In other words, it also means pinning someone to the wall.

»»—-—««

It was just another ordinary day for the heroes in the Moniyan Empire. Well, maybe not so much for the Lightborn Squad.

The team agreed beforehand to spar but they were not expecting for it to occur on an unbelievable sweltering morning. All the members were present except Alucard. Beads of sweat dotted across their foreheads as they clashed against one another under the scorching heat.

"Hey, is he here yet?" Fanny breathed out as she swung her blades at Harith, which he avoided by dashing to the right.

"Nope," Harith shrugged and countered the attacks with his magic.

Granger grunted as he fired multiple bullets toward the flying Fanny. Throwing out her cables, they grappled onto the nearby pillars and she soared towards the air. With swift swings of her arms, her blades deflected the bullets. In her wake were the empty shell casings, searing to the touch.

"FanFan~" a high pitched voice reverberated through the air in the training grounds.

Running towards the squad was none other than you, the adopted younger sibling of Alucard. You were wearing a frilly dress that reached slightly below your knees, and on your feet were a pair of sneakers. As you ran, your pigtails bounced, and your dress fluttered in the wind. Undeniably, you looked cute today.

"Oh, it's (Y/N)!" Harith exclaimed as he turned his heads towards your voice.

Big mistake.

Granger inadvertently fired, not knowing that Harith's action managed to evade the fast approaching bullets.

"(Y/N)!!" Fanny shrieked as she saw the bullets whizzed through the air, leaving behind a wisp of smoke.

The sudden outcry jolted your figure, rooting you to the ground. You ducked, arms shooting up reflexively as you tried to shield yourself from the oncoming attack. Fanny tried to fly towards you but she knew she would not be able to make it in time. Eyes widened in horror and hands outstretched, Harith and Granger bolted towards you.

A loud thump on the ground emitted multiple shock waves, sending sand and dust to fly up into the air. What followed were the multiple clinkings against metal. Then, there was dead silence.

Large hands wrapped around your torso as they bring you up to a warm chest. Lowering your arms, you looked down to see yourself being lifted higher into the air. Taking the chance, you merrily swung your legs back and forth as giggles erupted from you.

"Granger," a gruff voice warned as the team ran towards you.

Both Harith and Granger had a sheepish look on their faces when they caught up to you. Though Granger was a stoic person, there were slight traces of fear and guilt on his face.

"(Y/N)! Are you okay?" Fanny cried out worryingly as she brought you into her arms. Flipping you back and forth, she scrutinised you from head to toe for any sign of injuries.

"I'm alwite. Big bro Tigweal saved me!" you squealed in delight and nuzzled your face into the crook of Fanny's neck.

"Did I not remind you guys to look for your surroundings at all times? You almost hurt (Y/N)!" Fanny chastised as she gave a hard smack on the back of Harith and Granger's head.