8.

Milo POV

Looking her over she was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen

"What?" She asked tucking her hair.
"Nothing, you ready?" I asked. And she nodded.
"Y'all have fun, be safe!" India yelled as she and Blue sat with Mila. They were keeping her for the night so I could take Tiana out. It's felt much needed. We had grown too far apart and I know it was all on me. While I couldn't tell her I was selling drugs, because I knew that would hurt her. I could take her out and try to show her, that it wasn't another woman. That she was the only one for me.
"Where we going Milo?" She asked as I opened the car door for her.
"Don't worry about that, trust me." I said helping her into the truck. Closing her door once she was situated before walking to my side.

"So I know things have been all over and just crazy lately but I wanted to take you out tonight, just to show you I really do appreciate you Tiana." I said pulling out of the driveway.
"I know you do babe, we have so much to talk about, and lay out on the table." She said and my heart dropped. Did you she know about the drugs? Nah. If she did she would not be sitting here with me just letting me take care of it, she's not that kind of person.
"So how have your classes been? Feel like we haven't talked much." I said honestly as I made my way up the rode.
"Classes have been great, I am finally in classes that focus on my field, I have three psychology classes, and two African American studies classes. And then that stupid ass math class I failed last year." She said.
"That's a full course load right?" I asked.
"Yeah, it's sixteen hours."
"Can you handle that? You know with you picking up night shifts at work?" I asked. She looked skeptically.
"I don't know about those nights anymore."
"Why what happened?"
"My manager. She was upset with something I was doing. Uh that I was restocking before we closed for the night, and I was just getting a head start. And she comes telling me that I can't go behind her back and do things she told me not to do." She said.
"Well babe it sounds like she cares about you." I said.
"She doesn't know me."
"And that means what? Ever since the first day I laid eyes on you, I cared about you." I said honestly and she blushed.
"But to answer your question, I do think I can handle it, as long as I have your help. I just have this many classes because of the math class, plus one of them is an 8 am on Tuesday's and Thursday's, and the rest are pretty easy." She said.
Nodding I decided not to push the subject.

***

"Baby this is beautiful, I didn't even know D

"Baby this is beautiful, I didn't even know D.C. had a beach." Tiana said excitedly as we walked to the picnic I had set up on the beach. There wasn't a soul out here, it was perfect.
"Yeah me either until me and the team came running out here one day. And I was like hell yeah I gotta bring my baby back." I said helping her onto the blanket. We sat down.
"So what's on the menu Mr.Silas?" She asked.
Opening the picnic basket. I had brought some carry out Italian food because it was her favorite.
"Aw baby, you are so sweet." She said leaning in to kiss me. I was just glad the food was still warm. Pulling it out I laid out everything out. There was chicken Parmesan, Alfredo, and bread sticks. Also had some wine for her. I guess I would drink it with her.

As we ate she kept looking at me.
"What's up cheré? What's on your mind?" I asked.
"You know a few weeks ago I thought you were cheating on me." She said lowly. Feeling my heart drop to my stomach. I hadn't cheated on her but what I was doing wasn't any better. And I hated that she felt that way.
"I'm sorry for being so distant baybeh." I said laying my hand on her thigh.
"Nah we both were. But I just wanted to tell you that because I should have trusted you. I know you better than that." She said and I nodded.
"Well not that I'm mad that you did, but what made you stay?" I asked.
"Our daughter, she deserves us together. I can't let my insecurities keep her from you and you from her. That's not fair."
"I appreciate that baybeh. But I want to ask you honestly, where do you see us going? Like I know we have a baby and we live together but is this all you want from us?" I asked taking a sip from the wine.
"No, I can see myself marrying you, and eventually having more kids. No rush though. I want to finish school first." She said. "But that reminds me I have something to tell you." She said biting her lip nervously.

"What's up?" I asked.
"I talked to Amir." She said. And I chuckled lightly, that nigga wanted me to kill him.
"And how did that go?" I asked.
"It came the same night I got into with my manager so I was very emotional and upset." She said and I started thinking the worse. Was this nigga in D.C.? Did she fuck him?
"Stop dragging it out, and just say what it is Tiana." I said as calmly as possible.
"It's nothing. He just went on and on about how my pregnancy hurt him, and he can't believe I had a baby for you."
"Yeah cus we planned to have her." I said sarcastically. "Regardless y'all were done, when we got together I made sure of it. So him being hurt don't mean a damn thing to me."
"I know baby, but it was so strange. I haven't talked to him all this time, and he just calls to tell me how badly me getting pregnant and moving on hurt him."
"Very strange. Are you trying to double back?"
"No never." She said crawling to me and straddling me. "I'm where I wanna be, and I swear to God I'm not going anywhere." She said looking me in the eyes.

Silence fell over us as our lips connected. Kissing her intensely I pulled away saying something I probably shouldn't have but in this moment felt right.
"Marry me."
Looking wide eyed at me she shook her head.
"Is that a no?" I asked.
"Is that a proposal?" She asked
"Not really, I want to get married now. Like today."
"Milo you can't be serious."
"But I am Tiana."
"Every courthouse is closed, it's impossible to get married today." She chuckled.
"Okay fine, I'm about to make love to you on this beach, and first thing in the morning, you become my wife." I said. And she looked at me like I was completely crazy.
"My brother is going to kill me." She said pulling my shirt from over my head as she continued to straddle me, as she unbuttoned her dress.
"So are you saying yes? Cus you stripping me down like you ready for the love making." I chuckled.
"I am saying yes, now hush and take your dick out." She demanded kissing me as she dropped her dress off her shoulders revealing her perfectly sculpted boobs.
"I love you." I said stopping her for a second to bask in the moment.
"I love you too Milo." She said kissing me.

Uh oh! 👀
Not our lil sis Tiana ready to risk it all for Milo.
Who am I fooling? I'd risk it all too.