15) Blue

"Days like this make me feel like shit
I get stressed when my room's a mess
I dyed my hair blue
To fit my mood
It feels like déjà vu
Quand j'ai les blues"
Blue-Lolo Zouai

Yoongi
••••••••

"Where were you between 8:00 and 8:30 pm?"

The officer looked up at Yoongi, squinted beneath the sun that had poured into his baronial windows.

The knock on the door had been expected this morning, but not anticipated. The officer had taken his attempt at flattery, drinking the cup of tea he made as he sat in the sage green kitchen.

Another investigator moved to the far off piano room to ask Joy questions.

Joy.

The man sighed, "I had been walking around the east wing of the building, trying to find my partner."

The investigator nodded, scratching the dark hair at his beard.

"Right. Did you know the victim?"

Yoongi pursed his lips, already knowing where this was going. The man before him was surprisingly bad at hiding his accusatory glare.

"Yes and no. We had just met minutes before the game started, and she had walked away to get a snack." Yoongi spoke calmly, placing his hands on the table for the cop to see their stable nature.

"Yes and no. What about her companion. Nick Santos, how are you connected?"

The name itself already gave Yoongi an annoyed edge. The prick had something to do with it. He had to have. But if he tried to blame him right now, it would look like he was trying to push blame off of himself.

And he knew Nick would be doing the same in his interview, just to get their calculated eyes off of him.

"He's my roommate's ex boyfriend."

The investigator took a long time to write that down. Eyes a light as he looked up, armed with more questions.

"Interesting. Any bad blood there?"

"Joy and I had just recently met. I was not aware of his existence till we spent a night together, and he showed up randomly at her apartment in a country he wasn't supposed to be in, according to her. He seemed a little pissed off I was there and left. The next time we saw him was at the Mystery Manor. He mouthed off a bit at Joy and we went back at him for being rude. We did not come in contact between the half hour block till I found them."

"Do you think he was following you?" The older man asked.

Yoongi smirked, sitting back, "It's too early to tell. Maybe a third run in and we'll call it a day. But yeah, too soon to call him a psycho stalker."

Detective Shaw laughed, if only for a second, "You're right on that. Now, tell me exactly what you recall after walking in on the scene last night, at 8:30 pm."

Yoongi shivered, filmy eyes and blood appearing in his minds eye. He wasn't sure he'd ever forget the ghost of the once smiling girl who died. Who he so arrogantly called a name out of spite.

"Again, I was looking for my roommate when I came across an open door. I think I was in the West wing now. I opened it and I saw Joy and Nick in shock standing near the body. Joy was crying uncontrollably and Nick was silent, but looked surprised by what he saw."  It hurt for him to say her name. He stumbled over it as he said it.