18) All Three

"Darling, if I could
I would fall for someone good
Someone good for me
But we're suckers for the thrill
Playing fuck, marry, and kill
Honey, we're all three"
All Three-Noah Cyrus

(A/N: okay this is like, Red Rubies theme song so pleaseeee listen to this song)

Yoongi
+++++++

Fucking Joy. Or whatever her fucking name was.

Her name.

"I wrote this song for Celine." He had said, and he watched her crumble before him. All while the proverbial walls built up around her.

She hadn't let him finish. And though Yoongi was just as oblivious as any other man, he wasn't stupid. He knew that telling her that he wrote it for Celine wouldn't make her happy for fucks same.

But that was not all he was going to say.

He'd never forgotten one note of that melody since he made it, for a long time now. He made it after the night Jimin planned the exhibition for her.

Until yesterday. Until he felt Joy's being in the room, and he messed up when he tried to show her.

It meant he was letting go. Little by little.

It made him feel guilty almost. Like he was letting Celine down. But he knew she would be happy for him. He would hold her as a friend on the same high pedestal. Who said you can't glamorize friendships?

Fucking Joy. He thought, cursing as he wrapped his large sheepskin coat around him. Autumn was brewing, leaving a cold winter closer and closer to breaking from the sky.

He had left the house an hour ago. His chauffeur taking him back to town. Yes, it was against police orders.

And he didn't care.

Didn't even wait for him to explain, to explain another melody was forming in him.

One that overwhelmed that song completely.

And it had her written in its skeleton.

He needed to know if this song would last, if this song was even for a person he knew.

He needed to be sure. And there was one person who could tell him.

One person who could solve the mystery as well.

The man stopped at a pub with gold lettering, and crackling green paint on the exterior. He made sure it was in an area with a different police jurisdiction from the investigation. He took one large breath, preparing himself for what he was about to do.

The door opened, a burst of warm air comforting the redness of his cheeks. Yoongi's eyes glanced around the room, checking for any familiar faces or too many people.

Luckily there was one bartender, and three people sitting in the medium sized space. A fireplace crackled in the corner, decorative gold and orange leaves placed around. The whole place fitted with dark wood, the barstools looking just as ancient. One person sitting at the bar caught the young man's eye. He was underdressed for the cold weather, only wearing a hoody and a thin pair of jeans.

The man turned, looking anxious as he hunched over a glass of alcohol. From the side profile Yoongi could tell it was him, brown hair, strong nose, and defiant eyebrows.

"Nick." Yoongi spoke out into the air, walking forward. He said his name like one would say "rat infestation." It left a bitter taste in his mouth.