21) Falling Slowly

"I don't know you
But I want you
All the more for that"
Falling Slowly-Glen Hasard

Joy
********

"How does it feel to be an absolute idiot? And I'm genuinely asking because I honestly can't relate."

Joy held back her laugh, hearing Jin's loud voice take up the entirety of the room. Even though Yoongi was far away calling on the archaic telephone, she could hear it.

She couldn't any longer when she saw Yoongi squeeze the bridge of his nose out of frustration.

"You're going to waste time on this phone call calling me dumb when I already know that? We need help!"

"Baby, grab my passport. You are so lucky I went to law school as a hobby on the side of being a model."

Yoongi groaned loudly, for some reason making Joy's stomach clench. Horny in a jail cell? That's a new low for her.

"Yes, lucky me." He laughed out sarcastically, grinding his teeth.

He sent Joy an eye roll, giving her a thumbs down at the phone.

"Well I will see you two goons soon. And do you mind stealing a pair of handcuffs for me? Mine started to-"

The cop next to Yoongi frowned, pointing at his watch to wrap it up.

"Bye Jin." Yoongi finished quickly, sending a small smile to the cop. Who looked very unimpressed.

Luckily for them, as Yoongi was escorted back, it was around 12 at midnight. There was only one cop that was going to be stationed at the front desk, and because it was such a remote town, nobody else was jailed next to them.

Unluckily for them, they were placed in different cells.

"He's a lawyer? And a model?" Joy asked out, watching as the man slunk down to the bars next to her. They were both placed in the corners of their cells closest to each other.

"And a hotel doorman." Yoongi said expectantly, avoiding her gaze as he looked at his shoes.

Joy looked at him, probably how she did the first time she met him. Like who the fuck is this guy, and why are all of his friends so weird? Yeah, that look.

"No offense, but why?"

Yoongi looked up than, making her heart skip a beat as a soft smile lit up his face.

"From his own words, verbatim, 'I may not be the hottest model alive, but I could for sure be the hottest doorman."

"That makes me realize I don't know much about your friends minus the crazy stuff. Mind filling me in?"

"Sure, we have all the time in the world."

The man told her about all the good times, surrounding the horrible situation that had occurred. How Jin and Namjoon were planning on getting married as well. How Taehyung had talked to Jimin and Yoongi before they left for Scotland, so the possibility of their friendship coming back was in order. Celine would not stop texting Yoongi about how her and Joy would be the best of friends if they would come back to the country.

Joy was happy to hear it all.

Weirdly so.

She'd never been to jail before. Never had gotten in trouble with the law herself. She's always been scared to.

And yet, right now, listening to the absolute love and affection fill Yoongi's voice as he talked about his friends, she'd never felt more okay. She should be freaking out. But she couldn't, she was calm.