10) Traitor

"Ain't it funny
All the twisted games
All the questions you used to avoid?"
Traitor-Olivia Rodrigo

******
Yoongi

"Can you please come to lunch with us?"

Jimin whined over the phone.

Yoongi was so close to hanging up. But after the stunt he just pulled he was not about to go on the naughty list again.

"No." He blurred out, without a moments hesitation.

"It's awkward for me too Yoongi."

The black haired man sighed, walking around his office a bit. Pausing to pretend to contemplate the notion seriously.

"Okay. I get it. How about we both don't go?" Yoongi asked brightly at the end, knowing Jimin probably wanted to pull his hair out at this point as he groaned into the other line.

"Yoongi, I get how you feel. But more importantly Taehyung needs help right now. And he's better off with us then going back to him."

"I honestly don't care right now about Kim Traitor, I have to pack for my vacation in two days."

Lie.

He does care. Yoongi might even care about things more than the average person. But he didn't want to care. It hurt too much when he did. So sometimes he turned it off. Numb to the world. Better than to feel his heart breaking more and more every time something bad happened.

"Yoongi, you know that's a lie. You miss him as much as the rest of us. Do it for me please?" Jimin finally said in a serious tone, stern but somehow soft.

Yoongi could see his hopeful expression in his mind's eye. All the tension in his body was built up at the thought of seeing his friend again. One that hurt everyone so badly.

Guilt by association.

"Fine." Yoongi said, trying to bite back his anger.

His anxiety.

But it didn't ease up. Not at the three men sat across from each other in a stuffy coffee shop, one too modern and neat to be cozy.

Taehyung sat like a stiff board, back tight as he held onto his coffee cup like a metal grip. His brown eyes flitting nervously across the two very quiet men across from him. Friends he had neglected for a while.

The man was skinnier than Yoongi had ever seen him, with dark circles under his eyes. But the man shoved concern back down his throat and away from his heart.

"Jimin, Yoongi." Taehyung said slowly, eyes finally resting on their respective irises.

"Hello, friend who got with the man who abused and killed Celine's sister because he was really horny." Yoongi states in a bored tone, watching Taehyung's mouth shoot open in shock.

The black haired man's heart pumped with adrenaline. He hated confronting his friends like this. But he let them believe he remained unaffected.

Because he wanted to say whatever came to his mind. Without the guilt.

Because he believed if no one would speak the truth, they would all fall apart.

Yoongi looked to Jimin waiting for a glare, but the man had been properly jaded by the situation.

"What, do you expect me to defend you? I also know about your little confrontation with Celine. Which, might've been appreciated if you were more concerned about her and less with getting into Jeongguk's pants." Jimin sternly dug his heels in, usually smiling eyes a smoky line across his serious face.