Chapter 8: "First day of Class and I'm Already Exhausted" (Side- Fantasy)

I'm rather exhausted come next morning. I got the proper eight hours of sleep that I was supposed to, but those two girls; Remi and Jira, dragging me around all day must've really drained me. "This is no time to laze around however..."

I stand up and stretch a bit before changing clothes and starting my usual daily routine. It isn't until after I've had my morning shower that I finally change into my uniform, staring at my reflection with slight awe. It reminds me of the past and all the adventures I used to go on. I'm well aware that the classes I take here aren't going to be nearly as intense as my missions in the past, but that tinge of excitement and nervousness are both still there.

"Well, Remi and Jira should be waiting in the dining hall for me. I shouldn't keep them waiting." I head down to have breakfast, making sure I'm not still smiling like an idiot before I leave the room. Just as I predicted, both Remi and Jira are waiting for me with their food and they wave to me as I enter. I wave back and go get my own food before joining the two of them.

"Dude, the uniform looks really good on you!" Jira pats my shoulder.

"Thanks, though it's just a uniform." I say as I take a bite of my eggs.

"It really does look good on you though. If what you're saying is true, does that mean you don't think Jira and I look good in our uniforms since they're also rather basic looking?" Remi tilts her head.

"What..? No. I didn't say that. Your uniform designs are actually really unique and they look nice."

"Oh thank god!" Jira sighs with relief. "Too bad for you though Riku. If you had said they looked bad, I was willing to let you see what we looked like without them on." She winks at me and my face turns a bright shade of red instantly.

"Can you please stop joking around like that..?" I mutter as I nibble on my buttered toast.

Jira laughs at me and takes another bite of her omelet. "Sorry sorry, it's just so rare that I get the chance to make a boy flustered. I gotta do it while I'm able, ya know?"

Remi giggles. "She makes a fair point. We never know when you might suddenly decide to leave."

"I'm not gonna leave anytime soon, so quit it..." I huff, narrowing my eyes in annoyance.

"Aw don't be like that." Jira snickers and pats my back. "So, are you ready for your class today? I hope you're prepared to get your butt kicked by our teacher."

"What do you mean by that..?" I glance at her without turning my head.

"Well, all the students in our class already have partners, so unless someone volunteers to be yours, that means you gotta be paired up with the teach!" Jira grins playfully.

I'm instantly filled with immense terror. "Why can't you volunteer to be my partner then?!"

"Because, I like my partner. I can't force her to be with the teacher. Oooooooo, maybe the teacher will make you be the demonstration dummy for her techniques when she's teaching the class! She usually uses a dummy, but now she'll have a partner!" I'm confident in my abilities as a warrior, but to have to take hits from that woman and be a demonstration for the rest? Not only would my pride go out the window, but I'm pretty sure I'd go back to my room with a couple broken bones each and every day.

"Don't scare him like that Jira, you know the teachers aren't allowed to show demonstrations on the students. That's why the dummies are provided. Don't worry Riku, I'm sure you're gonna love class!" Remi rubs my back, trying to calm me down.

"Awwww, I wanted to see him all scared right up until class! You ruined it Remi." Jira pouts and crosses her arms across her chest.

"Seriously Jira?!" I growl at her and steal a piece of her bacon just to tick her off.