Chapter 0.4

LUNA

I've been out of it lately. Since my incident, I've just not been myself. I haven't involved myself much. I've skipped a few practices and pack meetings just to sit in my room. It's not like I'm fully there when I'm around anyway. I usually just sit there quietly, chiming in every now and then. I think my friends and brother have noticed my behavior, but none of them have said anything. I think in some way they all understand. What happend to me really took a toll on me. I feel drained, almost dazed. My head won't stop spinning, but I don't feel dizzy. It's almost like there is something swirling around my brain and I can't understand why. I almost didn't even realize it was Saturday. And that I literlly had the PSAT today. Yay. At least I won't be alone all day. That sounds worse that some test.

I pull myself out of bed, and get dressed. Sometimes Luna, we have to do things we don't want to do. I tell myself that as I drag myself down the stairs. When I get to the bottom of the stairs I find Scott and Stiles waiting for me. I give them a soft smile.

"You ready?" Scott asks with hints of sympathy in his tone.

"Absolutely." I said with all the sarcasm I possibly could. Which might not have been much at the moment.

"Great, lets go endure mind-numbing torture." Stiles said, with his award winning sarcasm as he fake smiled and headed for the door. Scott and I followed behind him. We walked silently, like we have been doing for the past few days. We loaded up in the Jeep, me taking my usual place in the middle backseat. The ride to the school went by faster than it usually does, or maybe that's just me. In no time were catching up with our friends, walking into the school and waiting in line to sign in.

"Where's Lydia?" Kira asked, scanning the hallway for any sign of the strawberry blonde banshee.

"She took it her freshman year." Stiles informed her.

"Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" Malia asked, sounding offended that she wasn't informed of that option.

"Malia, you've studdied harder than any of us have for this." Scott reminded her.

"Yeah, look at me. I didn't study at all. I actually forgot this was happening until I woke up this morning." I pasued for a second before adding, "Also, the test is only offered Sophomore and Junior year." I smilled at the end.

"Well that doesn't mean I'm gonna do good." She crossed her arms.

"Well." Stiles corrected her.

"Well what?" Oh bless her soul. She's so lost.

"It's do well not do good." Stiles elaborated.

"Oh God!" Malia groned in frustration.

"You'll do fine Malia. Don't worry about it." Isaac finally added to the conversation. Typical of him.

"We're doing this, because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. If i survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good one."

"It's just three hours. We can survive three hours." Kira perked, trying to lighen the mood.

"We'll be lucky to survive a whole hour without something going wrong." I laughed. That seemed to be the end of that has the line moved forward. We had to show student ID first, then sign in and agree the the rules, put our thumb print by it and then finally give Lydia's mom our phones and head to our seats.
We hadn't been seated long before the test insructon spoke up.

"Please do not open the test booklet until you are instructed to do so." I turned and seen Stiles, pencil in mouth, gently close his booklet. He's something else.