Chapter 27

Theodore's POV

Sometimes having a brother who's the Capo of the Italian Mafia can be a nuisance. Alessandro and Dad had reason to believe that Cameron was back in the country, so security around Ava and I were maximized.

Being unable to leave home except for school is the most boring thing, even when you live in a mansion. There were only so many books I could read and only so many hours I could spend playing the piano. It didn't help that Matteo and Emilio were in charge and had taken the liberty of locking my electronics up for being—and I quote—a nosy brat, but it's not my fault they left their doors unlocked so I could raid their stash of chocolate. If they wanted me to stay out of their things, they should've done a better job of keeping it safe.

Tonight, my three oldest brothers and Dad were planning on going out of town to follow a lead on Cameron, leaving me with the morons and Ava.

"Can't I go with you?" I groaned.

Dad and Alessandro were standing by the front door, amusement dancing in their eyes. "Teds, we won't be gone for long," Alessandro reassured. "Just stay with Ava and maybe when we come back, you'll still be in one piece."

"Dad," I said, dragging out the word.

"Listen to your brother," he chuckled.

I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at the two standing in front of me, causing deep laughs to leave their lips. Ava soon ran towards the front door, a glare of her own directed at Alessandro.

"You shouldn't be going, not with your shoulder."

"Tesoro, I'm fine," Alessandro said, wrapping his arms around her. "I'm good as new, Aves. I promise."

"But what if you get hurt again or—"

"Amore," Dad said, placing a hand on her arm. "We'll take good care of him. All of us will come back in one piece. Don't worry yourself too much."

Alessandro kissed her forehead and said, "Lijah and Leo are waiting for us by the car, so we have to leave now, but I'll call you when the plane lands. I love you, tesoro."

"Love you too."

After a quick goodbye, our brothers and Dad left for the airport with Ava and I still by the front door. Ava leaned down towards me and grabbed my hand, dragging me towards the stairs. "Teds, let's have a movie night. Grab as many blankets and pillows as you can carry. I'll get the snacks and drinks ready and meet you by the stairs."

A wide smile tugged on my lips as I ran up the stairs while Ava went to the kitchen. An idea popped into my head as I decided to go to Emilio's room first and take the comforter and pillows from his bed. Emptying the clothes hamper onto the floor, I stuffed the heavy blanket and pillows in before going to Matteo's room and doing the same.

They could stay cold tonight. This is payback for taking my phone and computer away, fratelli.

I struggled down the stairs with the overflowing hamper, probably scratching the wooden stairs on my way down. Leaving the hamper by the stairs, I went to the kitchen to help Ava out with the food and drinks that were vital for a successful movie night, but when I heard Emilio and Matteo talking with Ava, I crouched down behind the kitchen counter so that they wouldn't see me.

"Ava, you've been personally challenged," Matteo said. "Come on. The match is tonight, and it'll improve your reputation if you win."

What the hell is he talking about?

"I don't know, this doesn't seem like a good idea," she sighed.

"Aves, this is the one night we don't have our brothers and Dad watching us," Emilio said. "You haven't gone to one in a while, and people are starting to forget you."