Epilogue 4

Le Yorkon was playing at the home of 2 of his Uncles, supposed to be getting babysitted by New Hampshire and Vermont while his parents were out. However, Le Yorkon had completely tired both New Hampshire and Vermont out quickly and the two were taking a nap on the couch.

That being said, Vermont was the first to wake up from his nap, recovering from his exhaustion but waking up suddenly when Le Yorkon started laughing really loudly from upstairs.

At first he didn't really think much of it, though the more he listened to it and thought about it, the more curious he got. Le Yorkon sure sounded like he was having fun, but the sheer volume of it and the happiness in his voice made it impossible for him to simply be playing by himself.

This made Vermont think Le Yorkon might have been talking to the dolls or something. But then he remembered the dolls weren't allowed in the house, cause they creeped New Hampshire out too much. Honestly, they creeped Vermont out big time too. In addition to that, Le Yorkon was scared of the dolls as well, so him talking to one was out of the question.

But who else was there? New Hampshire was still asleep on the couch. Maybe another State came by or something.

Or it could be Le Yorkon's imaginary friend. New York had told Vermont about it, how much Le Yorkon loved his friend Pigeon. Though, strangely enough, Pigeon only ever seemed to play with him on the mountain. There were never any stories about him playing with Pigeon at London's place, though it seemed he had a different set of imaginary friends at London's house.

For someone with a name like Pigeon, Le Yorkon described his friend to be a long haired girl with dark blue eyes, a flag similar to France's, and two white wings.

New York had his suspicions, but his siblings had swatted them off. There was just no way it could be a ghost, they weren't real. But I guess in a way, there was some hope that it was the Capital-human, New York City.

The curiosity finally got to him and Vermont kicked his leg up, using the leverage from forcing his leg down to bring himself to a sitting up position, before getting up and making his way to the spiral staircase.

"Hey Buddy?!" Vermont shouted, calling for Le Yorkon. "What ya up to?" he asked, getting to the top of the stairs.

There was no response besides laughter.

Vermont walked down the hall, looking into each room as Le Yorkon's laughter rang out from what seemed to be every corner. Unfortunately, this was a kind of ability he had inherited from New York, one he didn't know how to control. It basically gave him the power to change the volume and pitch of his voice, as well as how far the noise traveled, where it was coming from, and who could hear it. But it wasn't too bad, for now it just made it harder to pinpoint his location.

"Buddy, your using your ability again! Could you stop please, I'm trying to find you!" Vermont shouted, trying to be heard above the echoing laughter but not wanting to sound mean.

Unfortunately, it seemed Le Yorkon hadn't heard him.

Vermont got to the end of the hall, opening the door and looking inside.

Le Yorkon was sitting on the floor, drawing in a coloring book with colored pencils. Upon Vermont's entrance, he had gone quiet and had turned his head to look at the door, eyes trained on Vermont before giving him a smile.

"Good morning sunshine" said Le Yorkon, smiling brightly. This was something he had heard his dad say to his mom all the time in the mornings.

"Good morning" Vermont chuckled, fully aware it wasn't morning. "I heard you talking with Pigeon" he said.