9.

Here I am. From one suffocating place to another one. I've been to Marc's apartment many times but I never intended to live her. Sure, it is hopefully a temporary solution but it still sucked.

The first thing I noticed when Marc opened the door was that he still didn't know how to open a damm window. The apartment was hot and dark. The lack of fresh air made me feel clammy.

The place was quite old and still had wooden floors. No fluffy carpet but cold floors that was covered in dust.

"Sorry for the mess. I haven't really found time to clean it."

Molly walked infront of me to look at her new home. She definitely didn't look excited which wasn't good. I wasn't a big fan of how close she had gotten to those doctors.

I forced a smile on my face. "Don't worry about it. My room could sometimes looked way worse."

Which was a lie. My mom was very strict about Molly and I me keeping our rooms l cleaned.

"You have fish?" Molly suddenly said enthusiastic.

"Yeah I do but the tank needs some cleaning."

There was an small quarium situated in the living room next to the tv. I've never been an big animal lover but looking at those fish really made me feel sad. Those poor fish needed more than just some cleaning.

I sighed and looked away from the animals. "Where will Molly be staying?"

"Ah right. Follow me." Marc said as if he had completely forgotten why we were here.

"Jesus Marc you couldn't have been bothered to prepare a little? The bed doesn't even have a blanket."

"It's not that big a deal. Molly can clean up herself, it will be her room anyway."

That comment was were I drew the line. Sure I could handle his messy apparment but paired with that mindset was too much.

"She's a kid. You can't expect that from her. I had just thought that you would have prepared your place atleast a little."

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Sure because offering you a place to stay isn't good enough for you. I'm sorry that I'm trying to help here."

I sighed and leaned my head against his chest. Having this argument right now was useless and definitely not good for Molly.

"I'm sorry for taking my anger out on you. This is just all a bit weird."

Marc put his arms around me. "It's okay. Why don't we eat something first and then try to take care of some of the mess."

"Sure, Molly you can put your bag in this room. We'll take care of it later."

She nodded and followed us into the kitchen.

Marc awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck as he looked into his fridge.

"Let me guess, you've got nothing to eat." I said to him.

He closed the fridge. "I'll order us some pizza. We'll go grocery shopping tomorrow."

I sighed. This was an absolute perfect begin to being an responsible care taker.

While Marc was ordering the food I kept myself busy by trying to clean up a little up.

"June you're phone is ringing." Marc suddenly spoke up.

"Who is it?" I asked him as I walked to him.

He shrugged and just handed methe phone.

"Hello? June speaking."

"Heyyy, June it's me Luke. I just called to ask if everything went well."

My body relaxed a little bit once I knew the phone call wasn't to deliver more bad news.

"Yeah, everything's fine. We are were just about to eat some diner. Tomorrow we'll go shopping to get some things and then we'll be all ready to continue our normal lives again."

It sounded so easy but I knew my life would never be normal again.

"That's good to hear. How's Molly?"

"She's good. She's right here if you want to talk to her." I said as I looked at Molly who was trying to eavesdrop.

"I would love to."

"Luke wants to talk to you." I said to Molly as I handed her the phone.

She happily accepted the device and walked away from us. I wasn't really interested in her conversation so I went to join Marc at the kitchen table.

"Who was it?"

"Luke my doctor. He wanted to ask how we're doing."

"Sounds likes he's sticking his nose into others people's business."

I shrugged. "I don't mind it. He has offered to watch Molly as few times a week which is really helpful."

"Whatever you want. It's not my life he's sticking his nose in." When he said that he looked at me with a look that let me know he definitely didn't want to have Luke in his life.

A few minutes Molly returned to me with the phone. "Luke said he's coming over tomorrow to help us shopping."

"He is?" I aksed panicked.

She nodded with a smile. "Around 12."

Before Molly could notice my worry I immediately put a smile on my face. "That's very sweet of him."

Thankfully the doorbell rang, saving me from more painfull lying.

"I'll get it." Molly said as she ran off.

"Don't let this doctor walk all over you. You're doing amazing and nobody can tell you otherwise." Marc said with a serious face.

I nodded. "I know. I'll make sure he knows I'm serous about all this."

After dinner I went to put Molly to bed. She had insisted she wasn't tired but from the way she kept rubbing her eyes I knew she was lying.

"Can you tell me a good night story?" Molly asked me when I was tucking her in bed.

"I don't really know any stories." I answered as I stood up, ready to leave her room.

She looked at me with a disappointed look.
Her big eyes made me turn around to sit down on her bed again.

"Did mom ever tell you stories?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No but sometimes she would read stories to me."

"How about we go look for some books tomorrow that I can read to you?"

Molly immediately looked content as a bright smile lit up her face.

I kissed her forehead and said goodnight to her.

Once I shut her door behind me I went to join Marc on the couch.

"She doesn't like it here." I said to him as I leaned my body against his.

"If you want my opinion, I think Molly is a bit spoiled."

Compared to how the guys had treated her this place was absolute garbage. She had told me they had a big villa which had a lot of rooms and even a pool in their backyard. I too would be unhappy if I went from that to this cramped apartment.

"I don't know, mabye." I mumbled.

"You sound tired. Shall we go to bed?" Marc aksed as he gently stroked my hair.

I hummed and let him pick me up. He was absolutely right, I was exhausted. But thinking about tomorrow only made me feel more tired. There were so many things that needed to be done. But I could handle it. Everything was under control.