19. Obvious Answer

Roseanne Park’s POV

Lisa and I are sitting on one of the benches outside, watching the sun slowly set. With few clouds in the sky, the mild climate and the perfect company, this view could not be better appreciated. I curl up in her arms, sighing with happiness when I feel a kiss on the top of my head. She caresses my arms, and in silence we just continue to enjoy each other’s presence.

When I was younger, I couldn’t understand why people like to be silent in the company of another, but today I understand. It’s a great feeling to know that you don’t have to do anything, or make up subjects, much less needing to exchange kisses all the time, that although I really want to, I like being with her like that. Lisa arouses a lot of good in me more and more; I realized that it is inevitable to fall in love with this woman.

Trying to get away from it is like swimming against a current, I could pull away, but I would be pulled back.

“I missed being with you like this.”

I turn a little in her arms to look at her face. From the bottom up, all her features are beautiful, from the fleshy mouth to the big lashes. I am amazed at how she manages to look more beautiful with each passing moment.

“Held?”

“Yes a lot. When we were younger and we could come here often, it was much easier. Our only responsibility was with the college, after we become an adult, things changed. We had phases of our lives that we only saw each other to sleep, I could barely kiss you.”

“I never imagined what my adult life would be like. I had no idea that I would get married and have children, or which path I would choose as a career. It’s funny to know that nothing I thought came true.”

“You wanted to spend a few years traveling the world.”

I end up laughing at her phrase, because she knows me so well that it scares me. I was really going to comment on that, because I remember that I really want to do that when possible.

“It’s funny how you know everything about me.”

“It’s been thirteen years of living together, my love.” Lisa speaks naturally, but suddenly I feel her body go rigid on my back. I don’t understand when I look at her. “I'm sorry.”

“For what?”

“I called you love, I don’t want to rush things. I’m feeling like I’m a teenager again, when we started dating.”

I hold her chin and smile before lifting to seal our lips. She gasps, pulling me against her.

“I understand that it is very natural for you to treat me like this. As you said, it’s been thirteen years together, and it’s okay with me.”

“Seriously?”

“Of course. I like it when you call me love, it makes my stomach bubble with excitement.”

The smile she opens for me is huge, and I know she liked what I said a lot because then she kisses me with great desire. Unlike the kisses we exchanged earlier, this one is loaded with passion and would even say lust, the way Lisa sucks my lips and presses me against her body, is setting my body on fire. When I think about stopping her, the kiss ends and she gives me a tender kiss on the forehead.

I don’t know what to do; totally lost looking at her mouth, which is red and swollen, extremely flashy and attractive. This is my hell on earth; there is no better definition.

“Let’s go in, it’s getting cold.”

I just nod, without any other control over my body, I just follow her inside. Lisa walks over to a small fireplace and lights it up, I sit on the bed, but when I look ahead, I see the huge wall full of photos and stand up again so I can see them.