10. Anniversary

November 17, 2029 – Thursday

As it has been every day, I wake up early. My head hurts. They are reflections of crying last night. After I couldn’t stand to see Lisa cry on Jisoo’s arm, I went back to my room and cried in the bath. A feeling of heavy heart is still in me. I am connected to her that is a fact. Today, however, it does not seem common. Why do I feel like I forgot something?

Well, judging by the last few weeks, forgetfulness is my forte.

I get up from the bed and tiptoe to stretch. I feel my body feel relieved when the muscles relax a little. I need an urgent shower. Without worrying about the mess, I start removing my clothes and leaving them scattered on the bedroom floor. Maybe the adult Roseanne is a little more organized, but the teenage Roseanne has always been a mess.

“Good morning, Rosie…”

“Oh my God!” I exclaim scared. I put my hands on my chest. My heart is racing. I had no idea that she was in here. “Don’t do these things. Please.”

“Excuse me.” I sigh long. I look at her out of sheer reflex and regret it. My eyes almost pop out of their sockets and I feel my face heat up. Lisa smirks. She doesn’t seem the least bit affected by the fact that I’m seeing her without clothes. Her face is also apparently peaceful. It looks better from last night. That’s nice. “Nudity is something normal, you know?”

“Stop that…”

She giggles. This damn thing knows that it makes me completely uncomfortable. I don’t look at her; I keep looking at the floor. My fright had made me momentarily forget I was also undressed. I swallow saliva in my mouth and cover my private parts. This time, Lisa laughs out loud. It seems to have seen my action and deduced my thoughts.

“You shouldn’t cover yourself. You have a beautiful body that must be shown.”

And without saying anything else, she just left the bathroom. Leaving behind her freshly showered scent and my mouth completely speechless. Since when do I get so out of action around Manoban?

What have the years done to me besides getting older?

-----

“You may come in.”

I answer the light knock on the door. I finish putting on my boots and leave the closet. Lisa enters my room. She is dressed in a black overcoat and a beanie cap on her head in the same color.

“Let’s go?”

I nod, heading towards her. I finish buttoning my dark green jacket. It’s really warm, but the day is cold outside. I pass Lisa and her scent takes over my nasal passages. She always smells so good. It is impossible not to notice. My appointment with my psychologist was changed to Thursday, because on Monday I had to go to the hospital to find out about my medical report. The fateful day that made me sure I can never remember anything. And it still freaks me out a lot.

This week was more exhausting than the last. I have a lot to talk to Doctor Lee about. I just need to talk to someone who will just listen to me. Sometimes all we want and need is to speak without someone feeling obligated to answer something. An outburst does not always need an answer, most of the time it just needs to be heard.

“Did Jennie talk you about dinner tonight?”

I ask her. We are on the way to the office. I remember the message my best friend sent earlier today, right after breakfast.

“Yes. She texted me. We will?”

“Uh … yes…”

I confirm, but it sounds like a rhetorical question. I mean, why did she ask me that? I’m not the one who decides things. She’s a free person, right? I have no right to say whether or not she can go anywhere. Lisa has attitudes that confuse me very often.