35. I Am Your Gift

Roseanne's POV

February 10, 2030

The last few days were almost all dedicated to looking for fertilization clinics. I thought that maybe my wife might not be as excited as she wanted to show, or that she might be doing it on impulse, but she has supported me a lot and helped me with everything. Lisa looks really anxious to see me pregnant again.

I confess that I'm nervous, but just as excited.

At that moment we took a break from searching for the perfect place where we will do our procedure because tomorrow will be my birthday and I don't want a party, but my wife is preparing something. Lisa hasn't told me yet about what it is, but I know it involves pictures of me.

"Got it? Great. Did you check if it was at the right time? Everything needs to be in place so nothing will go wrong." I hear her talking on the phone when I enter her office. Lisa has her back to me, hunched over the table and studying more photos. I watch her, completely surrendered. Her legs were exposed thanks to the Real Madrid shirt she is wearing; only that and maybe some underwear underneath. "Call me when everything is in place."

"Mrs. Park-Manoban?"

Lisa quickly turns around when she hears my voice, I smile when her gaze stops on mine. She says something on the phone and quickly hangs up, walking towards me. I'm wearing one of her new sweatshirts that she got from my sister-in-law Suzy, a beautiful mantle from Flamengo.

"Wow, that looks so much better on you." She praises me looking up and down; her look conveys how much she seems to like seeing me wearing her sweatshirt. Lisa wraps an arm around my waist and holds my face, kissing me quickly. "And our names sound so good together too."

"There is no doubt about it. Can I get your attention a little bit? You've been locked up in here all day."

"Are you needy, my love? Hm?"

She lowers her tone of voice, reaching with her mouth to my neck where she deposits slow and delicious kisses, making my skin prickle. I need to concentrate and remember that I didn't come here to be seduced by her.

"I was thinking something and I don't know if you will agree..."

"What?"

"Lisa." I scold her when I feel her hands go against my ass, she giggles against my neck and decides to hold only my waist, moving away from me a little. "Why don't we look for the same clinic where we did Louis' fertilization?"

I notice how her face looks strange and she seems to be reflecting on something. I'm curious. Lisa pulls away from me, reaching for the back of her neck. I don't understand why all this nervousness. I know her well enough to know that she wants to tell something and doesn't know how.

"Hm, I know it's a little far, but if you want we can..."

"You are like this just because it is far?"

The shy smile she gives me answers my question before she can even confirm it. Lisa sighs, walking over to the sofa in the corner of the office and calls out to me with a hand signal.

"I need you to be open minded and understand that it was a decision we made together. Roseanne, our son's donor was not an anonymous person, he is someone we both know, including the boy."

"How so?"

"You always said that you expected our son to pull me, even if he was going to be raised inside you. We spent nights and nights thinking about how we would find someone with the same characteristics as mine, so I had an idea, but I didn't know what you would think about."