24. Take Care Of Her

Roseanne Park-Manoban’s POV

Even though I was terrified and confused, I didn’t think twice when she asked me for help getting to the bathroom. Lisa looked like she was about to freak out, but she was trying to stay calm, perhaps so that neither would end up going into some kind of paralyzing outbreak. She takes a quick shower and gets dressed just as quickly. I feel like questioning her, but I’m afraid of the answer. If it wasn’t serious, there would be no need for us to be going to the hospital, and it really scares me to think that she might be sick or something more.

“Lisa? Are you crying?”

I approach her quickly when I return to the room, she is a little hunched over with her hands on her belly. She seemed to mumble some things that I couldn’t hear. She looks at me and her expression breaks my heart into several pieces.

“We have to wake up the little guy, we can’t leave him alone.”

“What’s going on, Lisa? Tell me, please. I’m terrified.”

She struggles to swallow her tears and takes a deep breath.

“I feel the same way and I really hope I’m wrong about what it can be.”

Her speech makes me even more scared, and I quickly go to my son’s room to wake him up. The pet looks stunned and on autopilot while putting on clothes and wrapping up, he questions what’s going on, but I just answer that we’re going to have to go out for a few hours. I ask for a car in the application and luckily it doesn’t take long to arrive.

“The car is waiting for us.”

I call Lisa in the room, she is crying again, but gets up to me. I make a point of locking the front door and checking if we forget something. When I get in the car, I take her hand. Her skin is extremely cold and she seems to be shaking slightly. My heart is tight, I feel like I’m going to start freaking out soon.

I can’t even say how long it took us to get to the hospital, but it was pretty quick. When we enter, the first thing I ask is that they bring her a wheelchair and take her to receive some urgent care. She says the name of a doctor who seems to be known to her, and in a matter of minutes, disappear through the doors, but not before giving me a look that will never leave my head.

The air is almost lacking in my lungs, finally the crying came out of me, making me bend over the benches, receiving desperate caresses and strokes from my little son. He asks what’s going on, but what would I answer? Nor am I understanding, it seems like this is all a nightmare and I just hope it will end as soon as possible.

I can’t possibly lose her, not now that I’m winning her back again.

When I calm down, the first thing I do is pick up my phone and call Jennie, and then my sister. They react the same way, and even though I insisted a lot that they didn’t come, the only answer they gave was that they would be here with me in a few minutes. I’ve been sitting for a few minutes; Louis is sitting on my lap, clutching my neck facing me, holding me tightly in his arms. He seems to feel everything that is going wrong, and mainly because he doesn’t know what happened to his mother.

“Rosé! My God, Roseanne, what happened?”

I hear Jennie’voice suddenly come up, and I look in the direction as she flies, followed by a distressed Jisoo holding Toni in her arms, who appears to be asleep. My little one gets off my lap so I can get up, and I don’t wait long before I throw myself into my best friend’s arms and cry all over again.

“I… woke up and there was a lot of blood. She looked terrified, but she didn’t tell me what was wrong. What’s going on, Jennie? I can’t lose her, please, you know I can’t.”