(3)

"There you are. I was started to think that you wouldn't show up," Gajeel said after I walked into the guild. "You ready?" I nodded in reply, the usually glum expression stuck on my face.

Gajeel never bothered, but I for some reason waved bye to everyone. I felt like I would never see this guild again, even though I'm certain we would. Still, if I didn't return back to Fairy Tail, I would want to them to know that I was thankful for all the fun and everything they offered me.

But hardly anyone saw. I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything, but after not being on a mission in over two months and more, I thought at least someone would have waved back at me.

Then someone caught my eye.

Mira stood at the back, her arm extended to the top, waving back at me with a smile playing on her face. I managed to give a small smile back, even though it was weak. She didn't say anything but it's not like I expected her to anyways.

"You coming or what?" I turned my head over to face Gajeel who stood impatient at the door, Coming, I thought.

We started heading out once I pulled my bag's strap over my shoulder to secure its place. I was ready-

"LEVYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" Oh boy. Who was it now?

"You got some admirers or what?" Gajeel asked me. Whatever, I thought. But any annoyed feelings I had towards the anonymous person soon faded once the identity was revealed.

"LEVY WAIT!! I NEED TO GIVE YOU SOMETHING!!!" I stopped in my tracks and tugged on Gajeel's arm to stop him.

"Fine. Just make it quick," he told me.

"Levy! I finally caught up with you," my blonde haired friend, Lucy, told me once she caught up with us. Before I could do anything, her arms wrapped around my neck as she caught me in a hug. "I'm so proud and happy for you."

"Lucy..." I told her. So far, Lucy was the only person I actually could talk to. I never talked to anyone else but her, even though what I said was never much. Still, she was my best friend and I trusted her too.

"Sorry, was I squeezing you too hard?" She pulled away from me and straighten out my clothes even though there were no wrinkles in sight. But when her eyes found Gajeel she grew a different expression. "What?" she asked him.

Then I saw his reaction. "Y-you-" he pointed at me. "You talk to Lucy," he said.

"First of all, it's rude to point at people," Lucy told him, walking up to Gajeel and slapping his finger down. "Second of all, she's my best friend. She's not completely mute, but I'm the only person she talks to."

"Oh. Here I was thinking she no longer talked at all, How long?"

"About two weeks after she gone mute. I never saw her until a week and a half after she returned. I went to her place one night and the rest is history," she explained. 

"So, what exactly has she t-"

"Nope! You shall not ask those questions. It's not like I'll tell you anyways," she said with that strict mother tone she slips into at times. Honestly, it's more like a friend who's like a mother. Complicated.

"Alright. Just hurry up so we can get going."

"Just gimme some time." Lucy turned back to me and grabbed something out of her pocket. It was wrapped inside a cloth when she handed it to me.

"A pocket knife?" I said barely audible but seriously confused. 

"Not just a pocket knife. Look underneath the cloth," she said, happily. 

I uncovered the cloth that was folded under the knife and saw several other things. "Wendy told me to give you a bracelet. I gave you a flower pin for your clothes." I stared down at the gifts in my cloth. "We're so proud of you," she said before wrapped her arms around me in another hug again.

"What about me? Don't I get anything?" Gajeel said from behind with his arms crossed over one another.

"No. This is for Levy, Gajeel."

"Fine. You done?"

Lucy took me by the shoulder and looked straight into my eyes. "We're so happy that you're finally going on a mission after going through a tough one. Show them what you can do," she told me with a smile. I nodded at her as I grabbed her hands in mine.

"I will," I said, finally.

"Alright Gajeel we're done. Ya happy?!" Lucy turned over and did sarcastic hand signals before slapping herself in the forehead. "Such impatience, geez."

But I tapped her shoulder softly as I went up to her, telling her it was time to part ways for now. "Good luck, Levy." I guess she wasn't the only one who felt off as this kind of seemed like too much appreciation for going on one mission, even if it was overnight. I never remembered anyone receiving this many gifts.

"Take care, Lucy," I said before we started waving to each other until I turned around, Lucy and the guild now out of my sight.