𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝚄𝙱𝚆𝙰𝚈

{ billie's pov }

I normally don't read trashy tabloids but I can't help but scan through the article starting with the first page showing a photo of her fiancee.

star gossip
here's the scoop, hot off the presses!

Insider sources tell us anastasia monet and old flame victoria rousseau, are officially tying the knot this summer!

friends close to the couple say they've been enjoying their time together as the "it" couple of the business world, attending many red carpet events side by side...

and now it's time to take their relationship to the next level in what some are calling 'a huge surprise'!

we reached out to the happy couple, but they declined our request for comment. maybe they're still prepping their 'official' announcement, but until then...you can read all about it here at the star gossip!

╰───────────────╯

"billie, are you okay?" finneas asked.

"yeah but...I could've sworn I felt a connection between us yesterday. I guess it was all in my imagination."

"confront her about it." finneas said serious.

"dude." I laughed. "confront her about what? this just confirms nothing happened. let me just focus on getting everything packed."

𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙 : 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

I returned to the monet residence to find a congenial older man waiting for me in the lobby.

"pleased to make your acquaintance, ms.o'connell. I'm carter, the monet's family driver. I'll be at your service today to assist with your move."

"thanks so much."

he smiled at me and hoisted several of my bags and led me across the lobby and up to the penthouse.

"I hope you enjoy it here. ms.monet spoke very highly of you this morning. she also said that she feels like you're the perfect addition to this family."

"thanks carter I really appreciate that."

carter gave me a nod before leaving. i took a deep breath and tried to clear my head about the engagement as I unpacked.

I had picked up a lingerie peace when I heard a light knock at the door.

"I trust you're settling okay?"anastasia asked as she entered slowly.

I suddenly became aware of the delicate clothing still in my grasp. I ran the soft silk through my fingers 'absentmindedly' as I talked to her. "I'm settling in just fine.."

her eyes lingered on my hands before sliding back to make eye contact with me as she cleared her throat. "...good, good, I'm glad to hear that."

she looked at her phone for a second and I dropped the lingerie into the drawer.

"I hate to do this to you so last minute, but I was told I have to handle an emergency at the office. could you watch the boys today?"

"I hope it's nothing too serious."

"just a little PR nightmare to start the weekend. nothing I can't handle."

"oh yeah? I find it hard to picture anything you can't handle."