5.The First and Last

-Rose-

I walked through the filled halls expecting my friends to come and greet me but none of them did. What?

I spotted Matt and I smiled when he noticed me. He walked up to me and hugged me. Let's get one thing straight. I'm a complete mess of akwardness. I stood still and held my breath but quickly breathed when he let go. He just laughed at my reaction. "Was I allowed ot do that? Or does your dad also prohibit that too" He asked jokingly. "Um, I was just caught off gard." I admited. Scarlet soon appeared and walked up to me.

I bit my tounge waiting for her to like his face but she just smiled at us. So, I how was the 'Play Date' with Ryan?" She asked him as I gulped down y nerveousness. "Fine, I guess. He was a bit weird and all but I'm no one to judge." He laughed. I was weird?

"Oh..." Scarlet said as if something was wrong. "What?" I asked annoyed. "Well didn't you and Ryan use to have a strong relationship?" She asked giving me a smirk. I gave her a death glare. "You two dated?" Matt cleared his throat. "Uh," I was stuck. What was I supposed to say? "Yeah a while back my parents and his are good friends it was just an expectation from them. So we just gave them what they wanted" I said calmly. "Really?" I could tell Scarlet was about to continue  her lies but I stopped her. "We need to talk Scarlet." I said through gritted teeth.

"About what?" she played stupid. Or maybe it's natural. "About you telling my personal buissness to the world."

Matt just waved godbye and walked away akwardly. "What the hell?!" I said harshly. "First you go off lciking his face than you try to ruin things?!" SHe looked suprised for some reason. "You started this! If you didn't want me to get closer to him, then why did you start this in the first place?" By the time I'm done Leanne walks by and coming up to us. "HI!" she squeled.

"I hope you're not mad that I said you're my cousin, I just didn't know any other way to introduce you two." She said giving my a sad face. "Yeah, I guess it's fine." I huffed. "Tell Scarlet to keep away from e though. She keeps adding lies." I said before stepping away. I quietly walked to class full of annoyance. Yeah, I feel bad for yelling at Scarlet but she needs to stop. I walked into Biology class and saw most seats taken. I sit in the back taking my books out to get ready and writing down what's on the board. My normal tracher isn't present so we have a substitute.I'm guesing his name is Mr. Arnolds since it's written on the board sloppy. Soon enough Matt walks in with all of his books I his hands.

Matt isn't a popular jock or anything ike that, he's just really appealing and not like the other guys around here. His eyes search for a seat and I bow my head. yeah, I want him to sit here and all but I'm akward.

I hear a seat being moved next to me and I can't help but smile. I look up to see Matt still standing up and Jake sitting next to me. My eyebrows scrunch in confusion and Matt just walks away. Was he going to sit here? "Hi, I'm Jake" I already knew who he was. Brown quiffed hair and brown eyes. He wasn't ugly but he was a jerk. "Hi" I smile and look back down. "That Matt guy was going to sit here but I knew you wanted me to sit here." He whispered hoping not to get caught. I can't help but to look up to see Matt in the front with one of his friends.

"Okay, your teacher left an assignment for you all to complete by the end of class so I wil let you guys talk to each other as long as you guys are working. If you guys have any questions I will try to help" Mr. Arnolds took a seat at the desk and I plug in my headphones hoping to not talk with Jake. I heard of him; he went out with half of the girls in this school and smokes drugs in the back of the school. I know I shouln't judge people before I know them but I can't help it when it came to  him. I felt a poke on my shouder and I looked up to see Jake waving. I took my left earphone out of my ear and faced him.