Bruised Face

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
ABUSE SCENE

Kristina's POV

"Get your fat ass up" i heard my dad yell but i was too tired to pay attention to him i put the pillow over my face then closed my eyes again i had a long shift at the cafe yesterday and i had to watch Nina all night again .

I immediately woke up when i was pushed off of my bed i screamed in pain when i felt myself getting kicked in the ribs "i said get your fat ass up bitch" he yelled then landed two punches to my face then a slap he walked out of my room like it was nothing while i silently cried

"Omg kris" Nina ran into my room and started to cry i leaned up hugging her "shhh I'm okay" i told her she laid her head on my chest crying as i held her "i wish he stop hurting you" she whispered i wiped her face "it's okay hurry up and get dressed so we can go I'm taking you to work with me" she ran out of the room to get dressed .

After Getting up i walked to my walk in bathroom looking at my face tears fell from my eyes, my eye was kind of swollen and on my cheek was a hand print that was red i grabbed my make up kit to cover it then i took a quick shower .

After i Put on my work clothes and grabbed my house keys , phone and jacket i walked to Nina's room "Nina come out" i told her she crawled from out her bathroom cabinet and ran to me .

I always told her to hide there because when dad beats me i sometimes can't come to her when I'm badly hurt , i slipped on her shoes and we walked quietly down the stairs "where do your fat ugly ass think your going" he asked sitting on the love seat in the dinning room with a beer "i.I have work sir"

He got up walking towards us i pushed Nina behind me and that's when i received a slap "you can't protect her forever fatty" then he walked away i leaned up rubbing my cheek "it's okay Nina stop crying" i told her as i picked her up then we walked out side .

I arrived to work and had sat Nina in a chair then gave her the phone i stole from dad "watch Barbie and stay quiet I'll bring you a sandwich and milk" she nodded kissing my cheek

"Thank god your here" Cece said hugging me "I'm fine" i told her she pulled back inspecting me she frowned "your getting better with the makeup" i smiled and thanked her "can you give Nina a sandwich and milk for me" she nodded and i put on my apron .

I walked to a table taking a elderly couple order then i handed the paper to Cece , i checked on Nina to see her eating "does she go to school" Cece asked and i nodded "yea she had a half day today so she didn't go" .

After work i picked up a sleeping Nina and walked out of the cafe door , i have to remind myself to get a car this weekend i can't keep walking especially when Nina goes to school i don't allow my dad to pick her up because i already be there and if i leave her alone with him he'll beat her .

I always promised Nina I'll never let anyone hurt her and I've always kept that promise .