Pearl is evil

Darlene 2 Here it goes! Grandma Pearl is actually a villain... (this isn't the best and I'm really just figuring it out as I go, but it's what I can come up with the fulfil the requested theory topic). We know Pearl and Alva used to be friends when they met at Future Fairies Boarding School, but how do we know their friendship stopped after that? I predict that Pearl and Alva never actually had the wand battle, and Pearl has been in hiding for years helping Alva and Stiltskin with the spell. When Alva found out that it was Pearl's granddaughter that was stepping out against her, they created a little story.

But here's a kicker - what if Pearl was on the run? She set up all those mirages, she is OBVIOUSLY trying to keep someone out. Someone bigger than her granddaughter. I know, I know, it's believed to be Alva. But what if it was actually the good guys that she's trying to trick? If Alva is all that she's made out to be, she will see past all those mirages. It's only the humans that can't beat them. She's trying to keep humans out. Also, read this from CURSED: ""We all have secrets, child." Grandma sighs. "It's deciding who to trust them with that is the problem. I chose poorly. It's why I left and have kept my location secret from all but your mother for so long. Knowing me can bring a heap of trouble. Alva doesn't think too highly of me these days. Not that I think that highly of her either."" Interesting thing to say...We all have secrets. It's deciding who to trust them with that is the problem. Knowing me can bring a heap of trouble. Forget the part about Alva, that could be a lie. Fairies are brilliant liars. What I'm focusing on is everything else Pearl said.

Hmm, time to get more information. Okay, so she doesn't keep in contact with Hal. But she keeps in contact with Eva. Why? Eva is not evil, I don't want to go there in this theory. Perhaps Eva was her chain to real life and she needed it to stay just under the radar. She didn't want to talk with Hal and lie to him - perhaps she also didn't want to make him a part of this. So she chose someone close enough, but not blood-related to keep in contact with. This would benefit her because then, if someone ever came looking for her, they would go to Eva and she had "proof" that Pearl was not a part of whatever evil thing she did in the past. This also helps keep Pearl informed on everything going on in the world while she was in hiding.

You know what else could be the case for why she kept in contact? Gilly. Rumpelstiltskin hung around Angelina to know his story, and he learned quite a bit of it. From what we hear, Gilly was a major part of his story. There's a chance Rumpelstiltskin knew about this and reported to Alva that Gilly was a part of whatever was going down. Alva realized this was Pearl's granddaughter and got in contact with her after years to call her up for another mission - while Pearl was in hiding for something else that has already gone down. Pearl reaches out to EVA because she doesn't want to involve her son in this mess, but she still wants to hear about Gilly.

Now, for her interaction with Gilly. So at this point, she has done something bad and went into hiding, leaving her husband and son alone because she doesn't want to drag them down. She got a call from an old evil friend about a cobblers daughter that might interfere with her evil mission. She got a letter from Eva saying that Gilly would come soon...Which gives enough time for Pearl and Alva to plan their backstory. The time limit was weird, wasn't it? One hour, that's it! It's like Pearl was trying to get rid of them quickly...maybe she was. Maybe she avoided talking to Gilly as much as she could because they only had a little bit of their backstory and she didn't want to run out of content.

She gave Gilly a vial that was claimed to be a "protection charm"...But what was it really? Maybe it briefly weakened her...? Because she does fall to the floor of her boot as it's crumbling apart and she feels like she can't move. Hmm...? Maybe?

Icing on the cake - Pearl sent them to the Hollow Woods, not FTRS. When later, she appears at FTRS in a bubble, so she clearly knows how to send bubbles to the right places. Hmm...

BACK THE THEORY UP - NO, Pearl and Alva aren't still friends, they are enemies! Buuuuuut...Wicked enemies. The reason Pearl is in hiding is because she tried to overthrow Alva, but Alva is a sociopath and got all insane. It's a reason Alva is SO OBSESSED with Gilly and using Cobbler blood. Look at this line by Alva: ""The Cobblers have always gotten in the way of what I've done."" OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. So I predict Pearl and Alva tried to rewrite the history or take over the world or something like that, but Pearl got greedy and tried to overthrow Alva, which caused them both to fail and threw Pearl into hiding. But she still wants to rule the world.

GASP you guys!!! Alva knew Gilly was Pearl's daughter, therefore, the gargoyles did too. Therefore, they moved in front of Gilly while they were Pegasus flying to get a good look at her, and went statue again when Jax looked. Alva gave the command to get rid of her which is why they attacked her and Jax in the vent. Maybe they were trying to scoop up Gilly but Jax stood in her way to save her without her even noticing (just like how he stood in front of Snow)? Okay, this is just a cool theory on its own.

Back to the Pearl theory. She kept tabs on Alva and sent this family fairy instinct thing to somehow make Gilly involved in this, and she was. Yes! And the vial was a protection charm...She sent Gilly to the Hollow Woods to buy her more time...

At the Fire Moon, they defeat Alva. Who gets the egg and lamp? Pearl. Was this a part of her plan? Possibly?

Will the egg be activated again? Who knows. But if Pearl is evil...She now has her resources.

Just need to say it, this is a ridiculous theory that has no chance of being accurate XD