Coffin

The beautiful weather seemed to mock them, the warmth of the sun caressing their faces as they stood over the white coffin where their brother's body lay.

The casket was open, and they all could see the unmoving body of their friend, the oldest of seven. The peaceful look on his face seemed out of place, as even during the night, his face was scrunched up in thought or confusion.

A few steps from the coffin were a set of chairs where the guests sat. On the front row sat his closest friends, which were the six remaining members of their rescue team.

Once the official was done speaking, he mentioned for the six to come closer to the casket for the last farewell. And for the guests, they had never seen a more painful sight.

Rubble, the youngest of the seven, had walked towards the coffin slowly enough. He then banged the casket hard, causing Skye to restrain him from behind. He broke down, sobbing hysterically as he angrily begged for Ryder to wake up.

Skye, the fourth oldest of the seven, had silent tears streaming down her cheeks as she tried to hold on to their youngest friend. Eventually, she had to wrap his whole body around Rubble just to stop him from rushing back to the coffin and knocking it over. Her time to grieve will have to come later.

Rocky, on the other hand, was watching from a distance. Unlike everyone, he didn't shed a tear. But that doesn't mean that he didn't care. He felt heavy, really heavy. He gritted his teeth in pain as he watched his friends suffer as they tried to say goodbye to Ryder for the last time.

Marshall, the third oldest, had quickly rushed into the coffin and put his arms around it as if trying to hug the person inside. He sobbed against the glass, his face pressing inches away from Ryder's. His sobs were loud and heart-wrenching, and the guests just couldn't keep their eyes on such a painful scene.

Zuma, the second youngest, had his arms wrapped around Marshall, steadying him when his legs nearly gave out. Like Rocky, he wasn't crying, but his eyes were puffy and rimmed with red, and he let out an occasional sniffle throughout the ceremony.

Chase, the second oldest, was just staring blankly at the coffin. His face was frozen along with his body. A lot of people had tried to talk to him, but he didn't respond to anything. He just watched blankly as the coffin was slowly lowered to the ground. He then tapped each of his friends' shoulders and wrapped them all in a hug.

The sun was shining brightly in the sky, and that only assured them that Ryder was watching over them no matter what.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lol another revamp. I really need to put original stories next time.